2021 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

On 4/6/2021 at 1:28 PM, paul carruthers said:

I guess the fans in Anaheim have a sense of humor--two instances last night where someone threw a trash can on the field to mock Altuve and the Astros...

ūü§£

Best thing I have seen in Anaheim in years.

But the best thing in baseball over the weekend was this freaky cat during the Dodgers @ Rockies game at Coors Field. It was huge and scary looking. I heard it escaped from the grounds crew later and escaped into the night.

maxresdefault.jpg.cc0433d730a9d26b76d5fbcd895e8f72.jpg

On 4/7/2021 at 3:22 PM, Strider said:

But the best thing in baseball over the weekend was this freaky cat during the Dodgers @ Rockies game at Coors Field. It was huge and scary looking. I heard it escaped from the grounds crew later and escaped into the night.

Looks like my cat. I better check to see if he's here. 

On 4/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, Strider said:

He looks like a true survivor.  We pulled out game two of a double header, after our best pitcher Means did not have a good outing like he did vs the Yankees and Red Sox.  I do not even recognize our bullpen.   Most of them are now Yankees.  O'Day was our best middle man.  And of course we know about Britton.  The greedy Yankees have them both.  And I have no idea where Castro is?  The Angels and Padres are now the Yankees West.  The filthy Angels have my boy Iglesias.  And of course Machado who we raised is a Padre.  But there is nothing Holy about him. 

Technically, the Mets are in 1st place, a better win percentage than the Phillies. Finally saw some life from the offense yesterday in that doubleheader--maybe the start of something good, provided Peterson doesn't get rocked tonight...

Well I can raise the white flag already.  What a fucking joke what the Orioles did to blow up their bullpen. O'Day and Britton are Yankees.  Machado is in SD.  Schoop in /Detroit.  Scattered to the wind the old guys who had a good team.  Now I do not know any of these bums in the pen.  Iglesias I was excited about and now the thieving Angels have him. Swept at home by the stinking Mariners.  The rest of division is pure shit also.  I assure you the AL rep in the Series will NOT come from the AL East. 

It's only April, but aside from the surprising Sawx, that whole AL East looks like a mess; comparable to the NFC East in football. Unless something drastic happens, nobody is getting a Wild Card in that division...

I wonder if that thin Colorado air will pump up the Mets offense tonight. deGrom needs a W...

Boy Paul, harsh words comparing the AL East to the NFC East.  Not sure Yankees or Tampa or Red Sox fans would agree.  Hey, we won in Texas. I hope we can rip off a few wins.  Wishful dreaming of course.  Kremer today.  And likely Means tomorrow so possible. Texas is not that good

Stupid bastard Hyde!  No pinch runner and winning run thrown out at plate from fucking third base on a base hit and then he leaves wild relieved in with bases juiced!  Means deserved better.  We had a sweep and let a team that sucks more than us get away with a 1-0 win

That was certainly a refreshing change of pace in Citi Field tonight. Jacob deGrom--the best player in baseball--making lunchmeat out of the Nationals hitters was a thing of beauty & when the offense gives you 6, then it's definitely ballgame over. I can go to bed happy....

:thumbsup:

Well we ended Oakland's 13 game winning streak, I figured we would with Means pitching.  I went 9 for 9 at Draftkings on my parlays.  I even had the Padres who pulled out a comeback win in 11 vs the mighty Dodgers.  Bellinger is on my useless fantasy team.  Useless because he is on the disables list.  Killing me.  

I hope the O's can beat the over rated Yankees tonight, and the next night and the next.  We need the bats to liven up like they did late yesterday.  

I see Boston plays the Mets tomorrow.  Memories of 1986.  My late friend I worked with, passed after that series of a heart attack.  Every day he would call me and tell me to call the bookie and place his bet  "Boston and the Mets, two for twenty".  LOL.  In 86 they both won very often. Then the classic series that the Mets won, backed by most Yankee turned Mets fans for a short time. 

I don't know if I'm ready to throw in the towel yet on the Mets. On one hand, that sweep by Boston was too demoralizing--same old story with wasting a brilliant start by deGrom.

But on the flipside, the NL East is such garbage, that 82 wins might secure the division title. It just depends on who gets on a hot streak...

<_<

I don't know if this makes Rick or ebk feel better about the Birds, but I just walked in on SportsCenter and Means no-hit the Mariners.

3 no-hitters already--how many before the season wraps in October?

2 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I don't know if this makes Rick or ebk feel better about the Birds, but I just walked in on SportsCenter and Means no-hit the Mariners.

3 no-hitters already--how many before the season wraps in October?

I'm home and almost turned it off earlier to watch the news (of all things!).  Fortunately, realized that would not be a good idea...  Yeah, it makes me feel better :)  I'm guessing Rick is ecstatic since he loves John Means... 

The shocking news of the day; Albert Pujols getting released by the Angels. I don't know how Strider feels about it, but I would compare it to other somewhat sad endings to a great career--like Emmitt Smith going to the Cardinals or Willie Mays stumbling around in centerfield for the Mets....