2021 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

21 minutes ago, ebk said:

Going to a game today!  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And the weather is lovely!  Too bad the team isn't :D 

Still, I'm going somewhere other than the office and I'm seeing a friend who I haven't seen since the Before Times.  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Have a great day!! 😘

On 5/31/2021 at 11:26 AM, ebk said:

Going to a game today!  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And the weather is lovely!  Too bad the team isn't :D 

Still, I'm going somewhere other than the office and I'm seeing a friend who I haven't seen since the Before Times.  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let’s hang 18 on the bitchs

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Let’s hang 18 on the bitchs

I shoulda been at that game Sunday!  Unfortunately, my cousin decided to have her bridal shower that day.  How rude of her. 

3 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Cardinals have lost 5 games in a row.

My son is a HUGE Cards fan, due to his grandpa, he calls them the Memphis Red Birds right now due to their injuries. 

7 hours ago, ebk said:

I shoulda been at that game Sunday!  Unfortunately, my cousin decided to have her bridal shower that day.  How rude of her. 

Good start.  4-2 now and 7 hits.  McKenna is the worst hitter we have.  Too bad he came up with runners on 2nd and 3rd.   We have played much better of late but Means injury sucks.  I just hope it’s not bad

46 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

8-2 O’s!!  Where are your seats Esther?  

My seats tonight?  On my couch!  :D 

My Sunday seats are upstairs, behind home plate, about halfway up.  I love them.  They're in the shade. 

On 5/31/2021 at 11:03 AM, ebk said:

Its a beautiful day!!!!

20210531_130510.jpg

What a beautiful sight. Glad you had lovely weather for your day at the ballpark! Sorry your Os did not play so lovely.

Edited by Strider

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Heh, be happy you lit up Peterson with his 5.89 ERA coming into tonight. Tomorrow will be revenge of the Mets....  :D

I do not doubt it because I have no idea why we would throw Harvey to the wolves?  But he did pitch far better in his last.  Do not count the Orioles out of winning a slugfest.  They are not the same bunch that lost 14 st.  Braves won. Look over your shoulder, 

The Mets really could use Synergaurd back?  How long is he out?   Was it Tommy John?

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

2 hours ago, Strider said:

What a beautiful sight. Glad you had lovely weather for your day at the ballpark! Sorry your Os did not play so lovely.

What are you talking about?  The Orioles won last night and Sunday and did so by scoring double  digits. 

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I do not doubt it because I have no idea why we would throw Harvey to the wolves?  But he did pitch far better in his last.  Do not count the Orioles out of winning a slugfest.  They are not the same bunch that lost 14 st.  Braves won. Look over your shoulder, 

The Mets really could use Synergaurd back?  How long is he out?   Was it Tommy John?

I have no idea if there's a set date for Syndergaard to return & I'm not sure if the Mets know, either. He was pitching in the minors I think & got inflammation in his pitching arm that he had operated on, so at best he may be back in August, if I had to guess....

Edited by paul carruthers

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

What are you talking about?  The Orioles won last night and Sunday and did so by scoring double  digits. 

Rick, he's talking about the day I posted that picture - Memorial Day. That's why he quoted that post.  

We lost.  I know this because I was there.

21 hours ago, ebk said:

Rick, he's talking about the day I posted that picture - Memorial Day. That's why he quoted that post.  

We lost.  I know this because I was there.

And Mr Carothers can beat his chest all he wants, little league team could hit that washed up Harvey.  Hyde obviously does not care about the loss’s.  Orioles have a good lineup if only they had more than Means.  Zimmerman and Lopez have been good of late.  Harvey has no business starting 

on way to DraftKings to collect from a perfect night in baseball two days back.  Gee, I wonder what I’ll cook up tonight?  Clippers for sure and Islanders.   

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 6/9/2021 at 10:13 AM, paul carruthers said:

I have no idea if there's a set date for Syndergaard to return & I'm not sure if the Mets know, either. He was pitching in the minors I think & got inflammation in his pitching arm that he had operated on, so at best he may be back in August, if I had to guess....

If they could get him back in form, they would be a real threat.  Atlanta is really crapping out.  Did not see that coming.  I have a future parlay with White Sox and Athletics and Braves to all win their divisions.  Atlanta is almost officially toast.  But I guess you never know in that division. The damn Phillies are another mystery