2021 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

Congrats to Miguel Cabrera on his 500th homer.  He's 45 hits away from 3,000.  After a slow Spring, he's hit .300 since June 1st, and has been a big part of our unexpected climb towards  .500.   The Tigers have two major problems to solve in their rebuild....2nd base & shortstop.  The way these young pitchers are performing, we should have some trade bait to solve those problems.    

On 8/23/2021 at 9:12 AM, Bong-Man said:

Congrats to Miguel Cabrera on his 500th homer.  He's 45 hits away from 3,000.  After a slow Spring, he's hit .300 since June 1st, and has been a big part of our unexpected climb towards  .500.   The Tigers have two major problems to solve in their rebuild....2nd base & shortstop.  The way these young pitchers are performing, we should have some trade bait to solve those problems.    

I thought he may have retired.  I am surprised he has stayed on?  At least your team has some future promise unlike mine.  Pitching is one thing we have none of 

21 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I thought he may have retired.  I am surprised he has stayed on?  At least your team has some future promise unlike mine.  Pitching is one thing we have none of 

I am not moking you but I can't belive you Orioles have lost 19 games in a row.

My Cardinals are 12.5 games out of first place.

• 2 weeks later...

The Baltimore Orioles are the worst team of All-Time. 

The Blue Jays scored 27 runs against the Orioles in 2 innings in 2 days.  They have scored 43 runs in the series againts Baltimore.  An MLB record.  I would be embarrased to be a Baltimore Orioles fan.

Edited by kingzoso

52 minutes ago, Strider said:

They should invoke the Mercy Rule for Orioles games. Camden Yards looks so sad these days.

Hey now!  We're leaving for the game now.  We will definitely liven up the proceedings.

Maybe

42 minutes ago, Strider said:

Have fun, E! Do you get a bobblehead?

3. And a tshier, umbrella and water bottle. Using my season ticket points. Also, the Avett Brothers are doing a concert after the game. If it doesn't rain which it looks like it's going to do right now. 

On 9/16/2021 at 2:27 PM, ebk said:

3. And a tshier, umbrella and water bottle. Using my season ticket points. Also, the Avett Brothers are doing a concert after the game. If it doesn't rain which it looks like it's going to do right now. 

Wow. All that...and you beat the Yankees. Looks like you picked the right day to go.

8 minutes ago, Strider said:

Wow. All that...and you beat the Yankees. Looks like you picked the right day to go.

It was a tidy haul of stuff.  And a very entertaining game!  Unfortunately, the weather delayed the start of the concert until after 11 and we just weren't going to sit around for a couple of hours, so we left pretty soon after the game ended.  Ah well... next time.

On 9/13/2021 at 8:26 AM, kingzoso said:

The Baltimore Orioles are the worst team of All-Time. 

The Blue Jays scored 27 runs against the Orioles in 2 innings in 2 days.  They have scored 43 runs in the series againts Baltimore.  An MLB record.  I would be embarrased to be a Baltimore Orioles fan.

Oh here  we go.  I really hope the Redlegs beat your slimey weasel ass Cardinals for that wild card.  You are fortunate to have the free falling Padres who should have had a wild card sewed up by now given their talent. But they have messed things up big time.  I believe the Orioles had a season even worse than this years back?  Who cares, we have zero pitching and its due to being small market and robbed by greedy teams like the Yankees.  Britton long gone.  Gausman now in the starting rotation on a very good Giants team.  One that would make short work of your shit bags should they suck out a wild card.  My money is still on the Redlegs.  Great season by Cincy.  If you are going to stink up the site with your posts, try posting about your red birds rather than constantly bashing my team.  The Orioles have a very rich history believe it or not.  They were the best  team in baseball from the mid 60s to mid 70s while I was a kid.  They have some talent.  Just no pitching other than Means.  Not sure about the manager.  Not too high on him now.

On 9/18/2021 at 8:21 AM, paul carruthers said:

I really hope the Mets give Luis Rojas his pinkslip at season's end. What a disaster the 2nd half of the season has been...  😔

Losing your best two pitchers did you in.  You cant lose DeGrom and not pay.  The Mets need all of their pitchers to win.  Here is to the Redlegs getting that last WC.  To hell with Kings Cardinals. The Padres have the best team on paper.  They have really underachieved.  Id fire their manager for sure. The Padres had that WC locked up at one point and just fell apart. How is the sunshine out there Manny? And the losing?  If you had stayed here maybe we could have built another winner?  We made it to the ALCS.  You have your money.  You just wont  win.

Our last game of the season today.  The weather is perfect.  The team is not.

I renewed my seats for next year.  I'm a glutton for punishment... Although as we like to say, we're going for the company and the beer.  So it works. 

6 hours ago, ebk said:

Our last game of the season today.  The weather is perfect.  The team is not.

I renewed my seats for next year.  I'm a glutton for punishment... Although as we like to say, we're going for the company and the beer.  So it works. 

You're a true baseball fan. I hope the Orioles reward your perseverance. Good luck today, E!

Normally I would watch the Sunday Night Football game tonight between Green Bay and San Francisco. But I'll be watching the Red Sox-Yankees game instead as both teams are tied for the wild card. I'll switch to the football game in between innings.