What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

For over forty years I've been searching for a bootleg of Deep Purple at the Long Beach Arena from November of '74. I was at this show and always considered it to be one of the best shows I've ever seen. Well, I finally found it. I downloaded it last night, I will listen when I get home. I'm sure it will be anti-climactic, right? Still...I haven't had this giddy feeling of FINDING something in a long time. I still remember when I found Led Zeppelin LA '71, same thing, just YES! VICTORY! haha The search was always part of the fun. I do hope it lives up to my memories. Hopefully it's not an awful recording. We'll see. I will report back with my review. 

Another thing I want to find is Jaco Pastorius at the Beverly theater 1983. I've heard there is a recording, I just haven't seen it. This one is kind of the opposite - "was it really as BAD as I remember?"  

23 hours ago, badgeholder said:

For over forty years I've been searching for a bootleg of Deep Purple at the Long Beach Arena from November of '74. I was at this show and always considered it to be one of the best shows I've ever seen. Well, I finally found it. I downloaded it last night, I will listen when I get home. I'm sure it will be anti-climactic, right? Still...I haven't had this giddy feeling of FINDING something in a long time. I still remember when I found Led Zeppelin LA '71, same thing, just YES! VICTORY! haha The search was always part of the fun. I do hope it lives up to my memories. Hopefully it's not an awful recording. We'll see. I will report back with my review. 

Another thing I want to find is Jaco Pastorius at the Beverly theater 1983. I've heard there is a recording, I just haven't seen it. This one is kind of the opposite - "was it really as BAD as I remember?"  

With ELO and Elf, right? I did not see that one. Deep Purple at Cal Jam was the only DP I saw in 1974. As I recall, the November 20 Long Beach show was on a school night. I ended up going a week later to see ELO at the Shrine Thanksgiving Eve November 27. 

Best Deep Purple show I ever saw remains the Mk II 1973 Long Beach Arena one with Rory Gallagher and Fleetwood Mac opening.

36 minutes ago, Strider said:

With ELO and Elf, right? I did not see that one. Deep Purple at Cal Jam was the only DP I saw in 1974. As I recall, the November 20 Long Beach show was on a school night. I ended up going a week later to see ELO at the Shrine Thanksgiving Eve November 27. 

That's correct, Elf and ELO. Well, although just an okay recording, and it does have some cuts, there's enough there that proves it indeed WAS an excellent night for DP MK III