What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

15 hours ago, Strider said:

The Man Who Fell to Earth

Low - probably my favorite Bowie album.  When I first heard it I thought how can this be the guy who made Ziggy Stardust, Young Americans, and Fame etc?  The band he assembled for Low was so amazing.

10 minutes ago, Electrophile said:

One of my all-time fav albums, along with his first self-titled record. 🙂 I got the remastered box set as a present for someone back in 2018, and remember at the time thinking "I should have gotten this one for myself"

2 minutes ago, 1975NQ said:

One of my all-time fav albums, along with his first self-titled record. 🙂 I got the remastered box set as a present for someone back in 2018, and remember at the time thinking "I should have gotten this one for myself"

Paul McCartney was the true genius in the Beatles. The other three were fantastic too, but it's clearly obvious in the Get Back documentary that he was not only coming up with the bulk of the songs, he was the one pushing everyone to keep working, even if he could be high-handed about it.

8 minutes ago, Electrophile said:

Paul McCartney was the true genius in the Beatles. The other three were fantastic too, but it's clearly obvious in the Get Back documentary that he was not only coming up with the bulk of the songs, he was the one pushing everyone to keep working, even if he could be high-handed about it.

Yeah, in a weird way I've always felt he was underrated. People see him as the Beatles guy, and the guy who had those hits from the 70s and early 80s - and he caters to that with his concerts, I suppose because he just wants to give the people what they want. I've always felt he got more interesting as a songwriter post Beatles. His solo albums are fantastic - especially from the 70s - and pretty  underrated, aside from the big hit Band On the Run.