What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Today I have been listening to the new Metallica and the new Guns N Roses CD. I would give the Metallica CD an A minus. Great songs but the CD is so distorted on the high end it is like someone was asleep at the wheel when mastering it. I hope that gets corrected.

Right now I am listening to the new GNR disc again and I think I love it. I bought the CD thinking it would end up a drink coaster only to be very suprised and shocked by it. It is like Axl took the best things he really likes from past GNR, hip hop, pop, Rage Against the Machine, NIN, Marilyn Manson, shredding guitars and fit it all into a suprisingly listenable and enjoyable CD. It all works! I thought this album would flop upon release, but I think it is going to be a monster. Even Axl's voice sounds stronger than ever and I am beginning to wonder if there is some genius to the method of his madness. I was never a huge GNR fan, since their Greatest Hits disc was all I ever needed. But I have listened to Chinese Democracy straight through about 10 times now since I bought it. That is something I could never really do with Appetite or the Use Your Illusion albums.

The November 9th Metallica concert from Columbus that my sons attended. They have it on their I-Pods (all Metallica concerts are made available for downloads on their web site) and it is awsome. I would recommend that concert date for all Metallica fans who want to download one of their recent concerts. It has lots of dialogue from James Hetfield and the sound quality is excellent.