Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
The Pagemeister

What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

Now...I hope you won't have me banned but I'm listening to a Rick James CD. I found it in a discount bin at a local department store...

He was popular in the disco era...this CD is a compilation of his tunes..sure it's disco but it also has ballads and good funky tunes...with a brass section on many tunes

Hey it's Feburary..I thought some funky music would help get my old bones movin'...and it worked!!!

You and I, Mary-Jane are some of the tunes...In the tune Stormy Love, he talks as well as sings..

Busta Rhymes paid tribute to Rick in one of his videao...there is a mural of Rick on a wall and Busta incorporated Rick's voice at the end of the video...

R.I.P. Rick James

Juliet :stereo:

Now...I hope you won't have me banned but I'm listening to a Rick James CD. I found it in a discount bin at a local department store...

He was popular in the disco era...this CD is a compilation of his tunes..sure it's disco but it also has ballads and good funky tunes...with a brass section on many tunes

Hey it's Feburary..I thought some funky music would help get my old bones movin'...and it worked!!!

You and I, Mary-Jane are some of the tunes...In the tune Stormy Love, he talks as well as sings..

Busta Rhymes paid tribute to Rick in one of his videao...there is a mural of Rick on a wall and Busta incorporated Rick's voice at the end of the video...

R.I.P. Rick James

Juliet :stereo:

What do you mean, banned? Rick James is great!

"Do ya love me Maaar-ryyyyy Jaaaaane? (Maaaaaarrryyyyyy Jaaaa-haaaaane!)"

Majic Ship's self-titled LP

afterglow-majicship-front.png

Didn't expect to see that album get mentioned around here! Cool. Great album!

Chet Atkins & Tommy Emmanuel - The Day Finger Pickers Took Over The World

Fpickers.jpg

What do you mean, banned? Rick James is great!

"Do ya love me Maaar-ryyyyy Jaaaaane? (Maaaaaarrryyyyyy Jaaaa-haaaaane!)"

Hey Docron:

Thanks....I agree....his tunes are great...

Another tune in this compilation is Give It To Me...I believe he was experimenting with an early form of music video with this tune..I remember it had some scenes of a guy and a girl at a swimming pool rather than a filming of a gig..

Edited by Juliet

The Open Mind

openmind.jpg

Didn't expect that one to show up here either. Their single, Magic Potion is one hell of a great single, B-side is just as great as the A-side.

The Dark End Of the Street-- James Carr

Try that one with Flying Burrito Brothers. One of the best version ever recorded of that song.

rory gallagher-moonchild

88-2-18

this copy says mopnchild, but i think its moonchild...not really aware of the song titles. this is a great song though, heavy, as in sounding iron maiden ish and with textured soloing, from blues to modern rock. great stuff.