What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Virginia, I'm glad you put up the clips. I've been listening to America a lot over the last couple days as a result.

I think this may be their prettiest song ever........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxH5UpFn5Ac

Now I'm not sure if that is Dewey or Gerry singing lead, but his voice sure has a magical clarity to it! Great song.

**Virginia, their website says they will be @ the Montreal Jazz Fest July 3rd 2011.

You should go, bet it will be a good show!..........:) missy

Edited by missytootsweet

Why don't they have more fans? *sigh* I guess they got a "frat rap" reputation in the late 80s and for some people it never quite wore off. It's a little disheartening, because even if rap music isn't really your forte (and I'm one of those people), they are really solid musicians and you can hear a lot of live instrumentation in their work, so it's not just the three of them rapping over half a dozen samples and someone scratching a turntable. Ah well, that's their loss.

^

^

I love Beastie Boys. Even back when I knew everything about everything and spouted Gregg Allman's line about rap (something about spelling rap with a capital C) I secretly really dug their music. I was thinking about this today:

I forgot just how good this song was until it popped up in my iTunes. Then I remembered how much I loved it, and also how much I played it to death when it came out.

I love her; plus everything is better with Timbaland . :)