What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

WQLN (PBS) STATION IN Erie had a neat program featuring music from the 60's. Performers included Davy Jones, Paul Revere and The Raiders, Mitch Ryder and most of the members of Jefferson Airplane. Who is the singer? She sang White Rabbit and Somebody To Love...not like Grace Slick but it was still good to hear those tunes..The program was a fund raiser for this station..They were also selling a CD and/or DVD of the performances....

Edited by Juliet

WQLN (PBS) STATION IN Erie had a neat program featuring music from the 60's. Performers included Davy Jones, Paul Revere and The Raiders, Mitch Ryder and most of the members of Jefferson Airplane. Who is the singer? She sang White Rabbit and Somebody To Love...not like Grace Slick but it was still good to hear those tunes..The program was a fund raiser for this station..They were also selling a CD and/or DVD of the performances....

Are you are referring to someone that's singing with a current incarnation of Jefferson Airplane (of which there is none, at least that I'm aware of) or Signe Anderson who was a member prior to Grace Slick joining the band in 1966?

Are you are referring to someone that's singing with a current incarnation of Jefferson Airplane (of which there is none, at least that I'm aware of) or Signe Anderson who was a member prior to Grace Slick joining the band in 1966?

The singer was @ 30...the guitarist looked like the original guitarist for JA

BTW...I am refering to a show I saw on WQLN re. music from the 60's...

Edited by Juliet

The singer was @ 30...the guitarist looked like the original guitarist for JA

If it wasn't Signe Anderson, I'm not sure who it was. This is a clip from 1966 that was shot at the Fillmore in San Francisco. You can see Signe at around the 1:36 mark.

Edited by Jahfin

If it wasn't Signe Anderson, I'm not sure who it was. This is a clip from 1966 that was shot at the Fillmore in San Francisco. You can see Signe at around the 1:36 mark.

Honestly didn't know that Grace Slick was not the bands original singer. Cool !