What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Robin Trower - BBC In Concert 29 January 1975

Great choice but which version ? I have three. One on the Windmill label, ten trax including "Twice Removed From Yesterday and Rock Me Baby" that are not on the other two versions. The Windmill release also has added crowd noise to make it sound as if it was recorded at a bigger venue. One on the Chrysalis label "At the BBC" which has "I can't Wait Much Longer and Too Rolling Stoned" that are not on the Windmill label version. The third version I have is a DVD-A transfer of a Quadrophonic broadcast in 4.0 which sounds rather good imo, this Quad version has the same trax as the Chrysalis release. All I need now is a twelve track version in Quad without the fake applause added for the Windmill release.

Great choice but which version ? I have three. One on the Windmill label, ten trax including "Twice Removed From Yesterday and Rock Me Baby" that are not on the other two versions. The Windmill release also has added crowd noise to make it sound as if it was recorded at a bigger venue. One on the Chrysalis label "At the BBC" which has "I can't Wait Much Longer and Too Rolling Stoned" that are not on the Windmill label version. The third version I have is a DVD-A transfer of a Quadrophonic broadcast in 4.0 which sounds rather good imo, this Quad version has the same trax as the Chrysalis release. All I need now is a twelve track version in Quad without the fake applause added for the Windmill release.

It's on Spotify man. Fantastically bassy sound to it and that usual "In concert" sound that can only come from the BBC in the 70's. Here is the track listing:

Day Of The Eagle

Bridge Of Sighs

Gonna Be More Suspicious

Fine Day

Lady Love

Daydream

Too Rolling Stoned

I Can't Wait Much Longer

Alethea

A Little Bit Of Sympathy

Also on Spotify are a few John Peel sessions and another in concert from 75 ( more than likely from the BBC) which has Rock Me Baby and Twice Removed From Yesterday on it.

I saw him a few times in the 70's and each time he was great

It's on Spotify man. Fantastically bassy sound to it and that usual "In concert" sound that can only come from the BBC in the 70's. Here is the track listing:

Day Of The Eagle

Bridge Of Sighs

Gonna Be More Suspicious

Fine Day

Lady Love

Daydream

Too Rolling Stoned

I Can't Wait Much Longer

Alethea

A Little Bit Of Sympathy

Also on Spotify are a few John Peel sessions and another in concert from 75 ( more than likely from the BBC) which has Rock Me Baby and Twice Removed From Yesterday on it.

I saw him a few times in the 70's and each time he was great

I've never tried Spotify, as yet anyway. To be clearer both releases I mentioned are from the 29th Jan Paris Theatre Show, just slightly different presentations.