What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Saw this on NPR Music recently, and was drawn in by this enigmatic song, "Before the Ending of the Day". Apparently they've been around for 20 years(!), though it's the first I'm hearing of them. The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus (I know... just rolls off the tongue, right?) is in the 'sacred music' category, and also 'apocalyptic folk', which I didn't realize was even a category. But if you give it a listen, you can quickly hear that they defy simple genre placement. I tend to be guarded if it looks like proselytizing is kicking up some dust in the distance, but found this interview, like their music, very refreshing and thoughtful and probing. To whatever extent they incorporate Eastern and Western Christian traditions, they engage with their listeners solely on a level of musical and mystical exploration.

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/07/458485196/songs-we-love-the-revolutionary-army-of-the-infant-jesus?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=202707

Truthfully, some of their other songs I've now heard are downright creepy. However, what I like about this song are the soft meditative bell, the rippling heartbeat, and the blending of all the various sounds, sort of like a sonic palimpsest. And, as always, there are blessedly no annoying sounds - equally as important.

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=458485196&m=458502353

Bought this CD today and it is fantastic. This song was due to his little boy. Very sweet:-)  I was telling Sath last night that I had Rod Stewart posters on my wall as a young girl and my Mom eventually fell in love with his music as well and she would play my albums. He is another one that is aging very well. 

Love this song to:-)

Bought this CD today and it is fantastic. This song was due to his little boy. Very sweet:-)  I was telling Sath last night that I had Rod Stewart posters on my wall as a young girl and my Mom eventually fell in love with his music as well and she would play my albums. He is another one that is aging very well. 

Love this song to:-)

Glad you enjoy it Deb! :thumbsup: