What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

On Saturday, January 09, 2016 at 1:47 PM, badgeholder said:

Black Star, the new Bowie album - it's great. Anyone else get this?

I've heard it but haven't purchased it yet...and I just found out about his death. Just finished listening to "Ziggy Stardust", which everyone loves, and have now put on one of my faves, the lesser-known "Low" album.

Edited by Strider

After wandering the wilderness in the 1980s (you couldn't pay me to listen to the dreck of "Tonight" or "Never Let Me Down"...but then, the 80s weren't kind to the Stones, Who, Dylan, Neil Young, etc. either), Bowie commenced on a sort of career re-birth in the 1990s and beyond. "Black Tie White Noise" was the first inkling Bowie was back, but when he hooked up again with Brian Eno for 1995's "Outside", it began a series of latter-era albums that reestablished Bowie in the musical firmament. You can't say that about any of the recent Rolling Stones or Who albums. Or Dylan or Bruce Springsteen. Neil Young? Maybe.

Bowie albums circa 1995-2015 at work today.

20160112_095239.thumb.jpg.ec0c68aee1f800

Some more trips down memory lane. I've always loved ABBA for their compositions and harmonies. Great songs, and spectacular costumes :hysterical:

^ I used to sing the chorus with my uncle when he'd play this song, the only one who could get me to sing (well, not counting school choirs). He was a musician in his younger days. Good, if bittersweet, memories.

Ok, prepare yourselves for the groovy skintight shimmer LOL :rollin:

I am old enough to recall Abba winning Eurovision.

I have always wondered if their paths crossing with Zeppelin had had some impact on them.  One of my favourite Abba tracks and I just wonder if it is just me or late period LZ is there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1hK8CWlYcA

Edited by anniemouse