What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

9 minutes ago, Houses of the Holy said:

Been jamming to this 90s band, Human Condition.  Shades of Simple Minds, Peter Murphy, and others New Wave-inspired acts.

Why does your post repeat your post from April 25?

Rush is one of those bands that sound better as the years go by. "2112" is the album that really put them on the map. Happy 40th birthday "2112"! By the way, who made these Rush comics? Are they official works by the band?

Edited by Strider

21 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^This is incredible Kiwi! I picked Queen II for my commute music this morning!

That's great, Strider! Hope your commute was enjoyable! :) The strangest part was the fact that, I hadn't listened to this album in more than 3 months and I just suddenly, felt the urge to take my CD copy of Queen II, out and listen to the entire album, in order to relax after a long day! :D 

20 hours ago, Strider said:

Rush is one of those bands that sound better as the years go by. "2112" is the album that really put them on the map. Happy 40th birthday "2112"! By the way, who made these Rush comics? Are they official works by the band?

The comic book makes a fantastic album like this, even more enjoyable, although I had different visualizations of the stories behind the songs in my mind's eye! ;) 

Also, the song 2112 per se, makes even more sense to me now, in terms of its lyrical contents , after reading Ayn Rand's Anthem! :) 

Edited to add: The entire 40 page comic book for the deluxe version of the album, was created by story artist Tom Hodges. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

17 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

The comic book makes a fantastic album like this, even more enjoyable, although I had different visualizations of the stories behind the songs in my mind's eye! ;) 

Also, the song 2112 per se, makes even more sense to me now, in terms of its lyrical contents , after reading Ayn Rand's Anthem! :) 

Edited to add: The entire 40 page comic book for the deluxe version of the album, was created by story artist Tom Hodges. 

Neil Peart, Rush's prime lyricist, is an avid Ayn Rand reader. A lot of her themes show up in his lyrics.

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Neil Peart, Rush's prime lyricist, is an avid Ayn Rand reader. A lot of her themes show up in his lyrics.

Yes, I know. I in fact, noticed Ayn Rand being mentioned in the liner notes of 2112, the day I sat down to examine the album's CD booklet, for the first time. I also read an article, that was posted recently on the Rush thread, to celebrate 40 years since 2112 came out and in that article, Alex Lifeson specifically mentioned two books by Ayn Rand that really influenced Neil Peart's lyrical themes : The Fountainhead and Anthem. Needless to say, my curiosity got the better of me and I began reading Anthem and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Despite her views on feminism and gay rights (which I absolutely disagree with and despise), I am still a fan of some of Ayn Rand's work. 

My favorite work out song, the best and most productive ten minutes there is. Sometimes I use music as a background to think through something or to plan for the day, but not when listening to ALS. This song commands my total and undivided attention. There are so many treasures and favorite parts to hear, I don't want to miss a thing. :) :elvis2::drumz: