What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

A great track from my favorite Fairport Convention album.  A gripping traditional story song, the wonderful Sandy Denny, and a fantastic ending jam.  Fairport at their peak from December 1969.  This entire album is amazing.

Playlist 3. Was harder choosing songs this time around but found some nice ones. I'm used to buying LPs on CD, not singles from a variety of artists. Can't get Achilles Last Stand because you gotta get the whole album. I will get the CD thanks and upload it onto my playlist that way.

Playlist 3 (26-5-2018).jpg

From Fairport's early 1969 lp Unhalfbricking.  This tracks builds slowly throughout.  Great jam starting around 6:00.  Sandy Denny is fantastic.  It is little wonder that Robert chose her to sing with him on Battle of Evermore.

Playlist 4. I was quite disappointed in that I couldn't find any newly recorded rock songs since 2000 that can stand next to bands like Led Zeppelin, Journey and all those other legendary rock bands of the 60s, 70s and 80s. You'd think there would be at least one band out there that can write good tunes like that but there aren't, they all stayed in college and became CEOs or something. I turned my focus to folksy stuff and discovered a couple bands I didn't hear before. iTunes has become addicting.

Jethro Tull Aqualung kicks ass.

Playlist 4 (27-5-2018).jpg

I wrote this out as I listened to the concert so if something's missing or wrong, sorry.

Seattle - July 17, 1973

Announcer

--- splice ---

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

Black Dog

Over the Hills and Far Away

Misty Mountain Hop

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

The Song Remains The Same

Ten Years Gone