What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Gerry Mulligan was also born on this day in 1927. This is a beautiful album from 1963. Gerry handles Chopin a little more smoothly than Jimmy Page. Track 4 @ 16:07 

Edited by Strider

I am listening to genius. The amount of legendary talent assembled in this room is unbelievable, starting with today's birthday girl, Billie Holiday. Joining Lady Day are: Ben Webster - tenor saxophone, Lester Young - tenor saxophone, Vic Dickenson - trombone, Gerry Mulligan - baritone saxophone, Coleman Hawkins - tenor saxophone, Roy Eldridge - trumpet, Doc Cheatham - trumpet, Danny Barker - guitar, Milt Hinton - double bass, Mal Waldron - piano, and Osie Johnson - drums.

"The Sound of Jazz" broadcast on CBS in 1957.

Edited by Strider

Finally got into Amoeba the last couple of days. Of course, all the Led Zeppelin was picked clean. No rare goodies left. But I did pick up some good Rolling Stones and Johnny Cash vinyl, and this new addition to Stereolab's "Switched On" series…Volume 4 in limited number edition. My number is 0871…which I read as August 1971, the date that Led Zeppelin started their 1971 North American tour.