What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Ides of March were one of those one-hit-wonder bands…their lone hit was 1970's "Vehicle".  James Peterik later formed Survivor and wrote "Eye of the Tiger" and a bunch of songs for Brian Wilson, Sammy Hagar, .38 Special, and whole bunch of others. You can look it up. But more importantly, I found this clip of Tom Jones performing a cover of "Vehicle" on his tv show. You might have heard the legends about Tom Jones' effect on the ladies…they weren't lying. The big Welshman had IT…check out the reactions from the women in the audience. Priceless. That is Big Jim Sullivan on guitar and Ronnie Verrell on drums. Dig the sliding stage. Better yet…dig Tom GETTING DOWN! 

19 hours ago, John M said:

Always liked that song.  For many years I thought it was Blood Sweat and Tears.

My exact thought, too. Someone actually asked me about this song last week and I had no recollection of either the title or the band Ides of March. Then, when I heard it I go "Oh! That song! Now I remember…but I always thought it was a Chicago or Blood, Sweat & Tears song."