Robert and Maureen?

MHD

Indeed... I have no doubt whatsoever he loved her very much. Perhaps it was losing Karac that was truly the beginning of the end.

Robert does not quite seem like a player in the most common sense of the word. He cared about these women. Now perhaps that's just his charm and he has us all duped, but somehow, I don't think so. I don't know. This all sounded better in my brain.

Now, Jimmy, by contrast, was simply amused by the cat fight. Granted, he was the lone unmarried one... but still, consideration goes a long way. Even Bebe got after him for hurting Lori. Till Lori went psycho anyway.

My boyfriend put it very well... "At the end of the day, they all loved their wives." Jimmy just happened to have a few favorites, but I think getting older mellowed him and settled him down (with a woman anyway) for the most part.

rob77greattasteax4.jpg

By the look of this pic .... yup they did it.

I do so feel for Maureen Plant here eh .... but heywhen women are throwing themselves at your feet like this, how much can you really resist?

At least he went home to his wife after his trysts, unlike the likes of publicity-seeking Brad Pitts who bed hops with whoever the most popular girl is of the moment. But then my Robert Plant is so so much more than a million and one Brad Pitts. :rolleyes:

I read about a lot that this couple went through together, ie Maureen being the bread winner pre-Led Zep, and how Robert has so much high regard for her, quote from SteveJones' post of the 1977 People interview: "My wife is the most beautiful woman I know. When she walks in the room, I stop whatever it is I'm doing and go Aahhhh". And look how he described how Maureen had so much radiation about her. Whoa! Can you just imagine THE Robert Plant saying those things about you????? That's worth more than a thousand pics like this with the groupie.

I think Robert Plant was at his hottest while he was with Maureen Plant, there was this exotic vibe about him that I think could only have been an influence from an ethnic culture like Maureen's. He wasn't the same after 1983, and it's not just the age factor. Mind you still hot, but not as. He was really really exotic while being married to Maureen.

Interesting thoughts, except that he was with equally exotic women from other ethnic cultures after Maureen. I think it is kind of odd to equate someone's level of "hotness" to the person they are associated with at the time , but each to his own. B)

Yeah, most definitely not Lisa Robinson.

IF you try the web site (who's dating Robert plant ) she's not there but Maureen and all the others are and be prepared to be shocked ?cos he's had some stunning woman /friends.

IF you try the web site (who's dating Robert plant ) she's not there but Maureen and all the others are and be prepared to be shocked ?cos he's had some stunning woman /friends.

I'm afraid I've seen that site and many of the women listed there never dated him - like Uma Thurman for example. It's very innaccurate.

I'm surprised there are so many pictures around of him and Audrey. This topic could get tricky by saying the wrong thing, but I am curious about their relationship. But a rockstar is a rockstar is a rockstar. We all know Robert has a good heart and loves his family. The road is the road is the road. I'm gonna stop repeating myself now. :unsure:

"At the end of the day, they all loved their wives."

Somehow that's a little lame. That sounds like my first mother-in-law. She told me to stay with him "after all, at the end of day, he loves only you, and you should be happy about that." My answer was: "Uh, I don't think so."

Let me remind you a rock star or a regular Joe- it doesn't matter who the husband is. There are plenty of guys whose jobs take them on the road. Yeah groupies go with the territory, but to be so indescreet is amazing to me. To put it out there with photographs!

I don't see photos with any groupie that Bonzo or John Paul Jones hooked up with? Anyone come across incriminating photos of them?

A very difficult question and a thrilling discussion. In fact, he loved maureen but i don't think that people who really love each other may quit being together. I have read Robert's interview after his divorse but i still hardly understand the reason...it's not the metter of growing up i suppose...

And yes, a woman needs a husband, i don't think Maureen treated and looked at him as if he was a star. For her he was a man, not an angel, not a god, not a rock-star, just the man she loved, of course it's different...

Robert seemed to be attracted to Brunettes, don't you think?

:blink: No, that cant be....It just....cant...

Thats okay my blonde ass will STILL seduce him...AND HE WILL LIKE IT.

Maybe....or maybe I will just sit and dream of walking in feilds of daisies with him. Thats just as good..*sighh*

Edit for spelling

I came across this pic earlier today...a very natural, loving shot. It is Maureen isn't it?

rob77greattasteax4.jpg

They all look like Maureen after awhile. I guess he could have lived like a monk while he was on the road, and slept alone every night; but that is not who he is.

Interesting thoughts, except that he was with equally exotic women from other ethnic cultures after Maureen. I think it is kind of odd to equate someone's level of "hotness" to the person they are associated with at the time , but each to his own. B)

Actually I do agree with you. What I had really wanted to say was this looked like a guy who was really connecting with something or someone more than his celebrity, and it exuded in his personality.

His physical style - the jewelries, beads, rings I can easily associate to Maureen's culture, then again that was also the fad in those days right. I cannot pinpoint whether it's Maureen's culture or the culture that made it Maureen but the guy was really into the Indian culture at some point. In an interview Robert said he just wanted to get lost in India for many months, like live in a cave and not bathe for 2 weeks, walk in the mud, just get lost in it all. He likened that passion to that of George Harrison's. Quote "My old lady (meaning Maureen) was from India", and he went on about her uncle being a governor there in the early 40's, and how he kept wanting to come back there. He had apparently worked for a factory or something there as a Manager but got sacked because he ordered in 2 years supply of wood, more than the company needed, so he went back to England. Whew! The 70's would have sucked big time without Robert Plant!

I'm sure the girlfriends were OK, Maureen wasn't even exotic herself but, Robert so much so during the time he was with her. Coincidence? I don't know ...

Btw, Isn't Jesse Lee's mother also of East Indian origin? Forgot her name.

Lastly, I stand corrected, Otto Masson posted the 1977 People interview, not SteveJones.

I'm afraid I've seen that site and many of the women listed there never dated him - like Uma Thurman for example. It's very innaccurate.

Maybe uma thurman was the lady he was drinking with when he asked the restaurant to turn the radiohead "crap" off as he thought it was 'crap with repetitive lyrics?

When Robert first met Peter Grant he told him he was in love with two sisters and unsure which to choose. When he added one of them was pregnant (Maureen) Peter suggested that was the one he should marry. 3 1/2 months later they did.

When Robert first met Peter Grant he told him he was in love with two sisters and unsure which to choose. When he added one of them was pregnant (Maureen) Peter suggested that was the one he should marry. 3 1/2 months later they did.

That's interesting...I always thought they were long time sweethearts who eventually married...was this info. in one of the numerous LZ books out there?

That's interesting...I always thought they were long time sweethearts who eventually married...was this info. in one of the numerous LZ books out there?

They dated 2 years before marrying in 68. I didn't know the sister was already in the picture before Maureen got pregnant. Any picture of the sister around?

Steve, what is your source for this information? I take things like this with a huge grain of salt unless they come from Robert specifically and I don't believe I've ever heard him state this (unlikely he would since he has been really adamant about keeping his private life private). To me it sounds like one of many rumours about him from over the years.

Lots of interesting points... and insights.

Could Maureen's sister be the Ten Years Gone girl? Hmm, that seems unlikely.

Shrug. It's the past now. Seems kind of interesting that Jimmy & Robert turned tables, as it were. Jonesy and Mo just stayed together. All quite interesting.

Steve, what is your source for this information? I take things like this with a huge grain of salt unless they come from Robert specifically and I don't believe I've ever heard him state this (unlikely he would since he has been really adamant about keeping his private life private). To me it sounds like one of many rumours about him from over the years.

My source is Peter Grant, who shared this anecdote on March 18th 1994 during an interview with his friend Ed Bicknell at a conference held during Canadien Music Week (Mar 14-20 1994). Excerpts, to include this tale, aired on Much Music afterward and a recording of the complete hour-long interview exists. I could further substantiate this

fact here but will not as a courtesy to the principal parties concerned, among others.

They dated 2 years before marrying in 68. I didn't know the sister was already in the picture before Maureen got pregnant. Any picture of the sister around?

There's quite a famous pic of Robert with her on it, but I don't really think this is appropriate for a serious message board about Zeppelin. There are other forums quite happy to encourage this type of discussion though. B)

Archived