2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

Well I am sure you have all heard the news of the Matt Stafford trade?  The Los Angeles Rams have traded Goff to the Detroit Lions for all star QB Matt Stafford and two first round picks in 22 and 23 and a 3rd rounder this year.  Of course they get Gerald Goff also, and I feel for Goff as he was a good QB who did not get along with McVay the reports say.  So, with that out there, I made my first bet of the new season already.  A future obviously.   The only options on the board were the AFC and NFC conference winners.  IE, who goes to the Super Bowl next year from each conference.  The Rams and Bills were both up as about the 2nd choice in each conference at +600.  Now I think the odds will get better after the draft and free agency.  At least on the Rams.  Its right after the Stafford deal so the Rams are hot right now.  And they damn well should be.  So I bet a whopping $2 to make $98 on a two team parlay.  The end result is a Rams vs Bills Super Bowl a battle between my two favorite teams and the one I really do not want to happen.  But I believe that it will happen.  I believe the Rams are a slam dunk to win the NFC barring injury.  I am going back to the windows later to bet them flat, the Rams and Bills both to win their conference.  

So I believe the team that gets there in the NFC will be at home again!

So this thread is for the new season. The draft looms next.  And free agency,  I wonder if Billy Belecheck is going to stay in NE?  If he does, the man is in his 70's, what can he accomplish?  I promise you my Bills will win the East again.   They will give Josh Allen the keys to the city.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• LedZeppfan1977 changed the title to 2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium
11 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

What happened Sunday? I completely missed it....  😏

Tampa Bay is now tied with Miami in Super Bowl wins with two.

Tampa Bay 2-0

Miami 2-3

Other teams with two Super Bowl wins. 

Kansas City 2-2

Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts 2-2 

Baltimore Ravens 2-0

21 minutes ago, Strider said:

Tampa Bay is now tied with Miami in Super Bowl wins with two.

Tampa Bay 2-0

Miami 2-3

Other teams with two Super Bowl wins. 

Kansas City 2-2

Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts 2-2 

Baltimore Ravens 2-0

Seattle was predicted to get their 2nd this season. Pffftt!

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

JJ Watt to the Cardinals--interesting is what I would say...

Where will Russell Wilson end up? Every other team in the NFC West is getting stronger. Seattle is going to have a dogfight on their hands next season and Russell ain't getting any younger...and he's no Tom Brady.

^^ Russell has a list of teams he apparently gave to Seattle as far as a trade he would approve & the Raiders were on that short list, along with the Cowboys and the Saints. 

And on an entirely different subject, I wonder if there's anything to Miami trying to free up cap space to possibly getting DeShaun Watson....

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Russell has a list of teams he apparently gave to Seattle as far as a trade he would approve & the Raiders were on that short list, along with the Cowboys and the Saints. 

And on an entirely different subject, I wonder if there's anything to Miami trying to free up cap space to possibly getting DeShaun Watson....

I keep hearing the Jets are in the lead as far as those teams.  But the best offer is going to land him.  I do not want Houston to give in to him.  Cant let the inmates run the asylum. This is out of hand, these damn greedy players, and free agency.  Loyalty gone to hell.  I hope they make his ass sit. But they are probably  going to give in, because they will likely get a Kings ransom for him.  Carolina has been mentioned often too.  So your Dolphins have given up on Tua?  I think its a bit early to do that. It took Josh Allen 3 years to get where he is. 

FOX news gives Skip Bayless $32 million dollar contract for 4 years.  So I can listen to him talk about Dallas and Dak and Brady every freaking day?  How the hell do they give a guy like him that kind of money?  Same bullshit over and over I have to hear when I tune in.  I watch Stephen A also.  Cant stand Kellerman.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh Mr Paul.  You must be excited about Miami getting all of these picks.  Now you have to hope your GM doesn't screw it up.  Makes the right moves  So it seems that they are going to give Tua the chance?  But I doubt they will be very patient beyond this season ,especially with an arsenal of picks.  If he does not take a step forward, he will be gone next year no doubt. I would rather be Miami than the Eagles.  I have no clue what the 49ers are going to do?  It is the general consensus that Jimmy G is going to be dealt,  Not sure if its NE now though.  Why in the hell would NE re sign Cam Newton?  We should be thankful that Belecheck has officially lost his mind.  Terrible decision.  Newton is finished.  The Bills are going to have him for breakfast. 

^^ Yeah, optimism springs eternal for Miami. I don't know if I'm completely sold on Tua yet, but it's probably too early to give up on him. Jimmy Garappolo seems like a sound move for the Pats, whether I want to admit it or not. I know it seems the current trend to shit all over Belichick and say he only won because of Brady, but I'm not buying into that line of thinking. It's going to be an epic struggle for the AFC East whoever wins....

Edited by paul carruthers

On 3/29/2021 at 11:00 AM, paul carruthers said:

^^ Yeah, optimism springs eternal for Miami. I don't know if I'm completely sold on Tua yet, but it's probably too early to give up on him. Jimmy Garappolo seems like a sound move for the Pats, whether I want to admit it or not. I know it seems the current trend to shit all over Belichick and say he only won because of Brady, but I'm not buying into that line of thinking. It's going to be an epic struggle for the AFC East whoever wins....

I disagree And for the record, Miami is the only one I am watching out for.  But I think Miami is still a year or two away with all of their picks.  Unless they trade many of them?  I would use them and go young. But I assure you they will draft a QB in case Tua does not work out.  Fitzmagic is gone to the Washington Football team.  Shocking.  So no backup that can light it up any more.  NE is not going any where.  The Bills are better than them and Josh is the best QB in the division and its not even close.  I have no clue why Belecheck re signed Cam.  Maybe he just wants to make guys happy now and could care less?  But I do not see them bringing Jimmy G in with Cam.  What and have a battle for the job and have a disgruntled Cam on the bench?  No way.  I do not think they are targeting Jimmy G  If they were, they would not have signed Cam Newton. So a 17 game season it is from what I am hearing.  Not sure what they will do about the playoff format?

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Strider said:

Enjoy your retirement, Julian Edelman. You earned it. The very definition of the smart, adaptable, tough player who will do whatever the team asks of him. He was probably my favourite Patriot to watch.

Brady left and he is worthless.  Led the league in drops.  Just another punk

20 hours ago, Strider said:

Enjoy your retirement, Julian Edelman. You earned it. The very definition of the smart, adaptable, tough player who will do whatever the team asks of him. He was probably my favourite Patriot to watch.

Gronk says there’s a 69% chance he will end up in Tampa. :hysterical: 

This isn't a serious question, but how fucking hard is it to come up with a name for a sports team? Apparently, very hard for the Washington numbnuts. You think a child of 5 could just call them the Warriors or something to that effect--but, looking at the list Washington is apparently floating--I like the Royals or Monarchs.

I guess calling them the "Senators" is not on the table...  😏

Edited by paul carruthers

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

This isn't a serious question, but how fucking hard is it to come up with a name for a sports team? Apparently, very hard for the Washington numbnuts. You think a child of 5 could just call them the Warriors or something to that effect--but, looking at the list Washington is apparently floating--I like the Royals or Monarchs.

I guess calling them the "Senators" is not on the table...  😏

When I saw the name "Griffins" on the list, I read it first as "Grifters".  Which would have been perfect... 

10 hours ago, ebk said:

When I saw the name "Griffins" on the list, I read it first as "Grifters".  Which would have been perfect... 

They will always be the Redskins and the Super Bowls they were in is testimony to that.  You cannot undue it.  Its just stupid that they ever gave in to all the bullshit and ever dropped their name.  How many Indians do you see on a daily basis?  And most of them could give a rats ass about a football team or its name.  The Chiefs are still the Chiefs.  Fucking ridiculous. Ill call them the Redskins til I die.  Not that I care about them one way or another.  

Barring injuries, book me a Bills vs Rams Super Bowl right now. I am laying down money on both, especially the Rams with Stafford to get there.  Nobody is stopping the Rams in the NFC with Matt Stafford. Nobody