2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

5 hours ago, Electrophile said:

For Christ's sake, all the moaning about the weather, you'd think you were going to the game and being forced to sit on the aluminum bleachers in your underwear. The Packers are the #1 seed. No way the NFL is putting them in the afternoon slot. That's a marquee game, so it gets primetime viewers. You know how many Patriots playoff games were in primetime? You think Foxboro is any warmer than Green Bay? It's not. They're not intentionally jeopardizing anyone's health by scheduling the game at 7 o'clock at night as opposed to 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

I'm from the Midwest. Brutal cold this time of year is a fact of life. So is outdoor football. The Bears play outside, the Bills play outside, the Patriots play outside, the Packers play outside. You nut up and deal with it. Teams that play outside in the cold definitely have an advantage over dome teams/teams that play in warm climates, but good teams can overcome that advantage. 

also east coast vs. west coast time is part of the decision and whether Greenbay is a 1 seed or not the nfl is all about the revenue, always has and always will be, and will fill slots accordingly

20 minutes ago, Strider said:

I had to google 'Dan Orlovsky'. Hokey smokes! That goof with the big ears was a quarterback?

You remember him.  His most famous play was throwing a pass after unknowingly backing out of the end zone.  I don't think anyone has done it since.

I remember this one. Chargers didn't have a chance. 2 weeks later the 49ers beat Cincy in Detroit for their 1st Super Bowl win. Chris Collinsworth hasn't stopped whining about it ever since. 😄

Chargers vs. Bengals (Jan. 10, 1982): -9 degrees

The 1981 AFC Championship Game featured the Cincinnati Bengals hosting the San Diego Chargers at Riverfront Stadium in what became known as the "Freezer Bowl." The temperature was a blistering -9 degrees and the wind chill made it feel like a mind-numbing -59 degrees. With the wind chill, this is arguably the coldest game that the league has ever seen. The Bengals ended up taking advantage of the cold temperatures and advanced to the Super Bowl with a 27-7 win. Chargers quarterback Dan Fouts turned the ball over four times, which certainly helped the Bengals' cause.

9 minutes ago, redrum said:

I remember this one. Chargers didn't have a chance. 2 weeks later the 49ers beat Cincy in Detroit for their 1st Super Bowl win. Chris Collinsworth hasn't stopped whining about it ever since. 😄

Chargers vs. Bengals (Jan. 10, 1982): -9 degrees

The 1981 AFC Championship Game featured the Cincinnati Bengals hosting the San Diego Chargers at Riverfront Stadium in what became known as the "Freezer Bowl." The temperature was a blistering -9 degrees and the wind chill made it feel like a mind-numbing -59 degrees. With the wind chill, this is arguably the coldest game that the league has ever seen. The Bengals ended up taking advantage of the cold temperatures and advanced to the Super Bowl with a 27-7 win. Chargers quarterback Dan Fouts turned the ball over four times, which certainly helped the Bengals' cause.

Air Coryell froze to death.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

San Francisco's defense is keeping the 49ers in the game but if Jimmy G and the offense don't do something soon, their defense will be exhausted by the second half.

Didn’t need much from Jimmy G. Deebo is da man!! 
Bye bye Green Bay. 

A quarterback gets sacked 9 times, you'd think they'd be on the losing end.  I guess taking Chase instead of an offensive lineman was the right move. Those Cincinnati bars must have been rockin' last night.  Good for them.

It sure got quieter and colder after the 49ers tied the score.  I love the 49ers organization.  Dallas, Green Bay....doesn't matter.  Win or lose, they never buy into the bullshit, and they're also lucky as hell.  Niners fought and scrapped in their division all season long.  Packers had a cake walk.  I'm ready for another 49ers/Rams game.

Rick....you okay?  Getting nervous?  Did you sleep last night? :)

soon as packers exit all talk is on Aaron Rodgers, will he be back, does he believe packers can win a super bowl, does  he get along with coach, etc.... jeeeez stfu about this guy ok, my god he didn't play well and if he did he would have a chance for a super bowl, enough with the drama with this guy, play better, have feeling packers may want to move on from him, this story is getting old

10 minutes ago, Strider said:

That was a satisfying day of football yesterday...and not just because my picks won. Any day that Aaron Rodgers loses is a good day. Haven't liked him since he was at UC Berkeley.

The cheese was frozen on the nachos.