2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

20 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

2 down, 15 to go.  :ph34r:

The defense is the big issue.  And their were times last year they showed signs on that side.  Not now.  The defense is bad.  That is what did them in.  They had the lead at the half.  Green Bay does not impress me.  The Lions have work to do.  But this is a division that is within reach if they could get their act together.  Minnesota seemed to prove they are no going to be pushovers.  I like them to beat Seattle this week.  We will see.  I really hope the Lions turn it around.  I just do not know if this coach was a good choice.  But when do the Lions ever make good choices in recent years?  Its mind boggling.

Let me just add, they have a leader if Geoff.  I like him. Always liked him.  And he took the Rams to the Super Bowl.  He is a plus for the Lions.  Yes they lost Stafford, he was fed up there and who could blame him. But Geoff has desire and the Lions and their coach owe him some damn effort to get better

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

The defense is the big issue.  And their were times last year they showed signs on that side.  Not now.  The defense is bad. 

Free agent veteran cast-offs at linebacker,  and undrafted free agents in the secondary, and we're only in week 2.  It will get worse....much worse.  I'm not joking about 0-17...it's a real possibility.

Let me just add, they have a leader if Geoff.  I like him. Always liked him.  And he took the Rams to the Super Bowl.  He is a plus for the Lions.

Goff has the number #1 problem an NFL QB can have....he struggles to take care of the football.  NFL games these days are decided by 6-8 plays.  You can't give the other team 2 of them by having your QB drop snaps, fumble the football, and throw dumb picks.  It's why the Rams dumped him.  You may have also noticed he took some serious shots in that game, including a nasty head bounce off the turf.  I repeat he'll struggle to stay healthy past week 5.

I've grown to appreciate Lion Monday night appearances.  It keeps my Sunday clear to watch the rest of the league.  In that spirit, I'm going to follow the lead of ESPN and do my best to keep this thread Lion-free for the rest of the season.  Our next milestone will be the 2022 Draft, where we'll have the 1st, 32nd, & 33rd pick to rebuild our defense....if both of our Rams/Lions  predictions come true.  If they take a QB instead of rebuilding their defense, I'll be pissed.   

7 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

The cure for what ails you, the Detroit Lions. Of course, I can't talk too much shit considering how my Fins got pounded & there will be more coming up against the Raidas...  😔

One Vegas capper on Bet On It, who I respect, picks Miami in this game.  I’ll tell you why they could make things tough.  Very good secondary and might be able to run Gaskin on them,  could be close.  

My ball signed by Jim Kelly

08715E46-E177-4A2E-9F8E-F1AC5F6C1714.jpeg

I expect the Vikings to win today.  Seattle is so over rated.  My Bills should roll Washington.  I thought the lines on the Bills and Baltimore should be higher.   Maybe Baltimore is still celebrating that win? But Detroit has no defense.   The Bills have both.  And should  put an ass whipping on the Redskins.  Ill say 31-9  No reason the Rams cant beat Tampa here. They beat them last year.  Now they have Stafford.  Best team in the NFC and my pick to get to the Super Bowl. 

Edited by LedZeppfan1977