2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

5 hours ago, ebk said:

Good riddance to Jon Gruden.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...

Don't really know what he did but I heard a report he sent emails while NOT in the NFL.   So I have to wonder how that has anything to do with what he did as the coach?  But I do not have the facts.  The report I saw on CBS I believe said the league would not take action.  He must have gotten much of that huge contract already to walk away?  Very strange.  I cant wait to see the line on the Raiders game.  This has to have a negative effect on the team.  

On 10/12/2021 at 1:46 PM, paul carruthers said:

I still haven't read up on the Gruden story & I'm not sure I want to. Career assassination is a bitch, especially when it's self-inflicted. I wonder how long Urban will last in Jacksonville?

I saw a pic on YouTube of Shannon Sharpe all pissed because the NFLPA wants the emails made public I believe?  I guess they have a right to see the evidence when you think of it.  But for him to resign, its got to be bad?  Its shocking.  Someone had it in for him to have them released obviously.  But he is an idiot. And the Raiders are idiots for paying him and that QB Russell something millions and he never took a snap.  All he ever did was buy a big crack pipe.  LOL.  Fucking Raiders.   One site I check every week is Kellie Stewart and her cappers.  One of my most respected cappers thinks the Raiders will win in Denver.  At first I thought betting against them was smart but I now tend to agree with him.  They had this hanging over their heads all weekend.  Had to effect Derrick Carr.  They are better than Denver most likely as they have beaten KC and some other good teams here and there.  Didn't they upset the Ravens?  I love the Browns to knock out the Cardinals and so does my capper.  Sadly, Mr Vegas is picking Jacksonville to beat your Dolphins

No trash talk from Walter.  His Cowboys are now mentioned in the top 10 for first time in a long time.  I still am not a believer in their defense. But they are better than NE, washed up pricks.  I expect Dallas to beat them.  And I actually hope they do.  The schedule gets tougher for Dallas later on and I see a very rough stretch weeks down the road.  So I would not count out the Redskins or Eagles just yet even though it appears the Redskins have been not up to the task so far. Their defense has been bad. The Eagles have been the surprise offensively.  Dallas likely picks up another game on both.  And Dallas needs this game.  The schedule will get tougher

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
add

On 10/12/2021 at 9:26 AM, paul carruthers said:

Yeah, I think the league should be over however "great" the Kansas City team was supposed to be coming in to the season. Not to take anything away from the Bills, but isn't it great to play in a division that's almost as garbage as the NFC East....

Where does the AFC south fall in your rankings, Paul? 

^^ Honestly Walter, I payed no attention to the teams in the South, but that division appears to be just as garbage as the other 2 I mentioned. Parity in the NFL is a wonderful thing, but it can also lead to some awful games on many an occasion.

Not that I'm actually wasting any energy on the Dolphins game this Sunday....  

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Honestly Walter, I payed no attention to the teams in the South, but that division appears to be just as garbage as the other 2 I mentioned. Parity in the NFL is a wonderful thing, but it can also lead to some awful games on many an occasion.

You falling out of football? 

My rankings:

1. NFC West

2. AFC North

3. AFC West

4. NFC South 

5. NFC East

6. NFC North

7. AFC East

8. AFC South

On 10/14/2021 at 8:54 PM, paul carruthers said:

^^ I don't think I'm falling out of football, I just think there are better games to watch Sunday, like maybe the Chargers or the Packers, or even your Cowboys.

The Sunday Night matchup doesn't seem too appealing, however. I bet NBC wishes they could flex that game...

I was wondering how that works?  They would have to give fans that bought tickets time to change the time? And how many games are left open for that?  I hate to say this but I think Tua is possibly in trouble with your team,  With the number and quality of high round picks they have, I think they draft a QB or pursue Watson.  If they can keep him out of jail.  They may trade up for top pick?

On 10/14/2021 at 1:14 PM, paul carruthers said:

I actually watched this game lol. As a lifelong Dolpins fan, all I can say is .... ugh. 😂😂

But hey, on a POSITIVE note, the Jags broke their losing streak!!/s

Bills only an 11.5 favorite over Miami right now.  I am surprised its not higher.  We beat them 35-0 down there.  Last time in Buffalo we hung 56 with backups playing most of the 2nd half in a game they needed to make the playoffs. I see nothing that makes this even close.  I already have action on the Bills.  Huge win for Cleveland to keep their season going.  Still have the bitter taste of that bullshit end in Tenn.  Josh doesnt slip we win.   I hated the call.   He should have either kicked or called time out to call a better play.  Like the beauty they did on the two point conversion.  We wont lose many

16 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm thinking how many yards & tire treads Derrick Henry is going to leave on the Chiefs defense tomorrow?

im not sure it will be enough.  They are very inconsistent.  They go to Indy next week.  KC does not want to lose their 4th game.  Tenn sucked out vs us.  We should have takent the game to OT or called a better play.  Nobody is going to run the table and that goes for Arizona who are pretenders.  They get a free one this week

So do you think Watson is going to Miami?  Do you think its worth the risk given his off the field problems?  He might be ordered not to play by the league?  Depending on his court battles. Also, if Miami loses this game today, and many of the cappers I follow believe they will, I think they will officially give up on Tua. The coach could be fired mid season if they lose today.  

I have the game under on parlays.  Did not take a side.  Too tough.  Could go either way.  Have the Eagles game over.  NE game under.  I hope the Jets win today.  I have Carolina to beat the Giants.  I took Indy with the points vs SF, and the under

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Watching Lions @ Rams I am reminded that Detroit Lion Chick Hughes died on the field 50 years ago today. In a game against the Chicago Bears on October 24, 1971, Chuck Hughes collapsed and died during a play, as Bear linebacker Duck Butkus frantically waved for help. It remains the only instance of a player dying during a game. I don't remember the game being on in the Los Angeles tv market and I would have been watching the Raider game anyway, so I did not see it happen live. Bong-Man, did you watch the game? Do you remember?

https://sidelionreport.com/2021/10/24/50-years-ago-lions-receiver-chuck-hughes-became-nfl-player-die-field/#:~:text=50 years ago%2C Lions receiver Chuck Hughes became,football%2C one player has died during a game.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Another painful loss for the Fins. Damn...I was looking forward to another Dolphins cheerleader photo. Sorry Paul.

Alright. Who had Kansas City  3-4 at this point in the season? Raise your hand.

Even better who had your Raiders 5-2, in first place with Gruden fired!! I expect Miami to draft a QB with first pick if they don’t make the mistake of going after Watson with the playoffs gone for this year.  Even if they got Watson, they or NE are not winning the East.  My Bills are.  I would not have the knee jerk reaction of discounting Baltimore over one stinker.  They were due for a bad game.  Just like that lucky give away we gave Tennessee.  We will go on a run and take the AFC