Robert: "Out here in the perimeter, there are no stars"

But, all you posting about Morrison being bipolar/selfdestructive and whatnot, must understand that you are total nobodies.-

What a pompous, ignorant assumption to make about the people posting here! For all you know someone taking part in this discussion could very well be a bipolar genius writer. Who the hell are YOU then? Nobody indeed.

In reference to Plant making negative comments about Morrisson, I read once that it was early in Zep's career and Jim was drunk and insulting the audience. Apparently Plant was disgusted about his behaviour. Probably when they shared the same bill though I'm not certain.

It's true that Jim Morrison probably needed some adult supervision; he was known for being a little intense.

thoughts to ponder:http//www.doors.com/miami/in.html-- about the miami incedant ---a word to look up online:Duessa--- Greenman August 20-his, tri-goddess of the May celebrations Rhiannon of banbury crossroads March 5, as it is above so be it below-----Now you know who is NOT LIVING in harmony------TRUTH is more than it appears &sounds as well as looks can be decieving! ps. over this last year the real Lady been known openly in some circles--March 5,1964--- Una---lets say----and mr.Jim morrison also made refference to5:1---------i could go on----for now that will do

I understand where your going with the reference to Duessa which is from The Faerie Queen but don't quite understand how Rhiannon from the Mabigion relates (if that who your writing about).

- so who is this genius writer, please direct me!

i know you are being mean and sarcastic, but if you know how do so; do some research and you'll find it. {lyrics are anywhere under discgraphy or lyrics below are a few of his quotes.

but just a suggestion....to save you some trouble & misery....and don't read about this if you dislike JM so much.. i don't think it's healthy to disrespect/dislike or whatever it is you are aiming at JM who has been gone so long but still copied, studied and yes still conjers up a lot of controversy! He always said he'd be remembered long after he was gone a bit of an ego but nothing worse that other stars' quotes.

“I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.” (so far True!)

“People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”

“The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. There can't be any large-scale revolution until there's a personal revolution, on and individual level. It's got to happen inside first. You can take away a man's political freedom and you won't hurt him- unless you take away his freedom to feel. That can destroy him. That kind of freedom can't be granted. Nobody can win it for you.”

"as i look back...over my life...i am struck by post cards...ruined snapshots...faded posters...of a time..i can't recall”

- JIM MORRISON

i know you are being mean and sarcastic, but if you know how do so; do some research and you'll find it. {lyrics are anywhere under discgraphy or lyrics below are a few of his quotes.

but just a suggestion....to save you some trouble & misery....and don't read about this if you dislike JM so much.. i don't think it's healthy to disrespect/dislike or whatever it is you are aiming at JM who has been gone so long but still copied, studied and yes still conjers up a lot of controversy! He always said he'd be remembered long after he was gone a bit of an ego but nothing worse that other stars' quotes.

lol, just a suggestion. Try and tead my posts, slowly this time. I am very well aware of who Morrison is.

Greetings y'all! This is my first post. I've been checkin' out this forum since 11/07. Thanks to you all for the information & love of music.

Anyway I just wanted to point out that Morrison actually could use his voice as an instrument. He does it quite literally on the song "Cars Hiss By My Window" on the "LA Women" album. What sounds like a real harmonica solo is actually him mimicing one with just his voice. It's awesome! He performs it in the way his wished he could actually play the harmonica, 'cause he wasn't very good at it. But Plant is! I'm glad Plant quoted him. :)

lmao. parking cars.

"Would the owner of a green Continental please move your vehicle, you're blocking the hydrant. Thank you. This is a song of hope..."

I think Eternal Light was referring to something a bit more specific than that!!

...best to ask John Paul Jones about that one, I think.

I really like Robert's ad-libs, especially some of the bizarre stuff he would come out with while introducing John Bonham doing Moby Dick. :)

I think Eternal Light was referring to something a bit more specific than that!!

...best to ask John Paul Jones about that one, I think.

I really like Robert's ad-libs, especially some of the bizarre stuff he would come out with while introducing John Bonham doing Moby Dick. :)

Yes, Robert Plant was very playful; I can still remember John Bonham dragging Robert off the stage at the end of one of the shows at the Forum while Robert was still clinging to the microphone stand talking to the audience. :lol:

thoughts to ponder:http//www.doors.com/miami/in.html-- about the miami incedant ---a word to look up online:Duessa--- Greenman August 20-his, tri-goddess of the May celebrations Rhiannon of banbury crossroads March 5, as it is above so be it below-----Now you know who is NOT LIVING in harmony------TRUTH is more than it appears &sounds as well as looks can be decieving! ps. over this last year the real Lady been known openly in some circles--March 5,1964--- Una---lets say----and mr.Jim morrison also made refference to5:1---------i could go on----for now that will do

i'll be in touch...*)

• 2 weeks later...
this is sort of related to the post! During the concert i heard Robert say "what do you think Dave?" Who is Dave? :D

If I remember right, I read (in this forum) somewhere, that Robert is meaning

David Grohl, but I´m not really sure :blink:

The rest of the comments seem to refer to the crowd he is addressing, and the song he is introducing, Kashmir, the 51st country. Although this seems to be a Doors reference, I think it could literally mean "no stars" as in within the boundaries (perimeter) of the arena you/we are equals in the enjoyment of music, therefore Dave Grohl and Naomi Campbell are equal to average fans within the boundaries of this moment. The 50 countries comment is also one of inclusion, and has precedent in his own lyrics..If we could just join hands..

If I remember right, I read (in this forum) somewhere, that Robert is meaning

David Grohl, but I´m not really sure :blink:

I read somewhere that Robert brought a close friend named Dave to the concert who is in the late stages of some sort of terminal disease. He had this Dave and his family off to the side of the stage and an ambulance waiting in case it was needed. I don't know how true that is, read it on RO I think.

your info is helpful,however your insults to fans are not,this is a led zeppelin website/fourm Robert has seperate ones for his solo ventures ,as well as a raising sand promo site ------truth is Robert is about much more then tunes for the sake of a tune exclusively----consider all the continum of the threads of his lyrics as well as interviews and statements here and there-----perhaps if you investigate many many of the details you may gain more insight to.........kashmir? & et'al

KASHMIR

• 3 weeks later...
A psychic hired by a British tv show about the paranormal supposedly contacted Jim in the afterlife a couple years ago. He is fine, and thinking about reincarnating as a woman somewhere in the Arab world because he feels strongly about how females are oppressed and mistreated in that culture.

I'm not saying I believe it, mind, but ... it's kind of interesting. In the future, we should keep an eye out for any highly intelligent Arab woman who writes poetry and looks sensational in black leather.

P.S. Does anyone here know if the 1970 NME where Robert talks about the gig with the Doors is online? I'd love to hear his description of events.

Interesting If there was a woman who is Jim Morrisons soul reincarnated she would have been born possabily in March,1972---as that would be apporx. 9 months from his death,as I`ve been informed the soul would RE-enter(into a new conception) upon the 1ST individuals death---Jim died july 3,1971----so 9 months later would be close to March , 1972.......so if he`s to be looked for in another body--look for someone born near then........(I personally am not looking for any such person ,only responding to the post as recently I heard a person mention the topic.)

Interesting If there was a woman who is Jim Morrisons soul reincarnated she would have been born possabily in March,1972---as that would be apporx. 9 months from his death,as I`ve been informed the soul would RE-enter(into a new conception) upon the 1ST individuals death---Jim died july 3,1971----so 9 months later would be close to March , 1972.......so if he`s to be looked for in another body--look for someone born near then........(I personally am not looking for any such person ,only responding to the post as recently I heard a person mention the topic.)

Stunning contribution to the site. Not.

Edited by SteveAJones