Dave Grohl Wants To Drum

From Rolling Stone.com

17831797-17831800-slarge.jpg

It’s a new year, with new Led Zeppelin tour rumors: The latest speculation has Foo Fighter Dave Grohl waiting on an invite to drum on an alleged reunion tour. Grohl, who has expressed his willingness to do the job, was allegedly up for Jason Bonham’s gig at last month’s one-off show. Bonnaroo buzz has also returned, despite Robert Plant’s scheduled tour with Alison Krauss, after an “insider” told The Mirror “[Fans] have been bombarding [Led Zeppelin’s] Web site to get back together for good but only Robert Plant wasn’t keen to commit. Now he’s had a change of heart and if it goes well they are also talking about touring.”

Listen to the reunion concert, Robert Plant says, quote "To bring Jason in". I wish these rumors would stop. Jason is their drummer he plays fantastic and continues the Bonham name with the band. I find it very insulting this rumor.

Listen to the reunion concert, Robert Plant says, quote "To bring Jason in". I wish these rumors would stop. Jason is their drummer he plays fantastic and continues the Bonham name with the band. I find it very insulting this rumor.

I second that!

I am a huge Dave Grohl fan, however, if he does keep banging on about wanting to play drums for Zeppelin, I'm gonna get pissed off with him real soon. Jason is THE ONLY man worthy of playing with Zeppelin. If we are going to go out and look further afield for a drummer, Grohl would not be at the top of my list. Carmine Appice (who was a big influence on John Bonham) would be top IMO, with Mike Portnoy coming a close second (listen to his Zeppelin tribute "Hammer Of The Gods") - he REALLY re-creates that Bonham sound. Although it's probably only the media anyway, but if not, shut up Grohl - Taylor Hawkins owns you on drums anyway!!

I am a huge Dave Grohl fan, however, if he does keep banging on about wanting to play drums for Zeppelin, I'm gonna get pissed off with him real soon. Jason is THE ONLY man worthy of playing with Zeppelin. If we are going to go out and look further afield for a drummer, Grohl would not be at the top of my list. Carmine Appice (who was a big influence on John Bonham) would be top IMO, with Mike Portnoy coming a close second (listen to his Zeppelin tribute "Hammer Of The Gods") - he REALLY re-creates that Bonham sound. Although it's probably only the media anyway, but if not, shut up Grohl - Taylor Hawkins owns you on drums anyway!!

Is he the one who's banging on about it or is it the media? He might want to drum for Zeppelin but that doesn't mean he thinks he should. I like Dave Grohl but the only chance he'd have of playing for Zeppelin would be if Jason Bonham wasn't a drummer.

Is he the one who's banging on about it or is it the media? He might want to drum for Zeppelin but that doesn't mean he thinks he should. I like Dave Grohl but the only chance he'd have of playing for Zeppelin would be if Jason Bonham wasn't a drummer.

That's it. He's commented on how it would be an amazing experience because he's such a huge fan but he's also said that he knows Jason is the only one for that spot now. Seems people forget the second part of his quote.

Look. Dave is a good drummer, I am a good drummer, there are lots of good drummers, and I would go out on a limb and say that 99.9% of the drummers on the planet want to play with Led Zeppelin. Just that most are not as famous as Dave. <_<

So he is the one that makes the headlines/blogs, reports, whatever, so it's going to continue...

Jason is the only drummer that is going to play in Led Zeppelin (I am pretty sure of that). :rolleyes:

If nothing else, these Grohl stories are one more issue to keep Zeppelin in the media, and thats ok by me. (not that I am anyone, but a fan B) )

Zep rules!

Jason is indeed the heir to the throne, even if it concluded last month at the O2. :)

Yes, isn't there someone called Jason Bonham who might want to do the tour ahead of Dave Grohl? Has anyone stopped to think of what, if anything would prevent Jason from doing it? He has already said that he is keen for any new tour.

Even Dave Grohl acknowledges that it's Jason's gig if he wants it (and Robert, Jimmy, and JPJ, of course). As nine said earlier, folks seem to forget that Grohl's not saying he SHOULD do it, just that he'd like to--as many drummers would.

Poor old Dave.

BREAKING NEWS!

I want Dave Grohl to come and play guitar and sing for my project with my roommate on bass and me on drums.

I fully expect Rolling Stone to report this tomorrow on its Web site.

Archived