Couple of questions about Jimmy Page

DanielTA

Certainly not until the mid-80s after he married & setted down, if only for a few years.

Wow, I see him having a cat much more than having a dog. It always confuses me that so many people think cats are so bad, they aren't a lot of people have a distorted perception of what cats are really like.

Wow, I see him having a cat much more than having a dog. It always confuses me that so many people think cats are so bad, they aren't a lot of people have a distorted perception of what cats are really like.

I can see him having cats in a domestic situation where he's not on the road as often.

I don't see him having a dog at all as their barking shatters the tranquility.

I can see him having cats in a domestic situation where he's not on the road as often.

I don't see him having a dog at all as their barking shatters the tranquility.

Plus some of them are out of control, stink and ruin furniture. Cats can too but not to the same extent- getting them fixed and declawed can take care of that.

Plus some of them are out of control, stink and ruin furniture. Cats can too but not to the same extent- getting them fixed and declawed can take care of that.

Declawing cats is incredibly inhumane. Plus, at our house, it's the cat who is all of the above, not the dogs, especially as they are very well-trained and go outdoors (catboxes are smelly and nasty!!). And they never bark unless someone comes to the door.

Then again it all depends on the animal- I have seen some very bad cats and some very bad dogs. All of them at my aunts too- she had a cat that was peeing all over and using the furniture as a scratching post and she has a dog that's not house broken- they can't get it house broken and it's craps in the dinning room all the time and chews on everything.

I'm a bit afraid of dogs too- I seen one attack my brother and another boy.

Then again it all depends on the animal- I have seen some very bad cats and some very bad dogs. All of them at my aunts too- she had a cat that was peeing all over and using the furniture as a scratching post and she has a dog that's not house broken- they can't get it house broken and it's craps in the dinning room all the time and chews on everything.

I'm a bit afraid of dogs too- I seen one attack my brother and another boy.

It does. I've worked really consistently to train our dogs, and they are very well-behaved. I've also had mostly lovely cats--just this current one and one other one (a long time ago) have been nightmares. I've kind of come to dislike having catboxes around as well, but eh, I do like cats, so I guess I'm stuck.

It does. I've worked really consistently to train our dogs, and they are very well-behaved. I've also had mostly lovely cats--just this current one and one other one (a long time ago) have been nightmares. I've kind of come to dislike having catboxes around as well, but eh, I do like cats, so I guess I'm stuck.

You can train some cats to ask to go out when they need to- my cats use to when we use to let them outside. Unfortunately we have a cat hating white trash neighbour who shot one of our cats a few years ago and now they don't go out any more. <_<

You can train some cats to ask to go out when they need to- my cats use to when we use to let them outside. Unfortunately we have a cat hating white trash neighbour who shot one of our cats a few years ago and now they don't go out any more. <_<

We used to do that, too, but where we live now there are coyotes lying in wait, so it's really not safe to let any cats out here. A bummer since I think they really like going out. :(

• 4 weeks later...
wwhat kind of food does jimmy like? what kind of cars does he own? would appreciate if anyone knows, just curious. thank you :):)B)B)
I believe Jimmy could care less about cars. I would bet some money that he doesn't even have a drivers license. He didn't before IV it may have been before Houses of the Holy. I know he had horses. If he's got more than one car someone else bought , it and they take care of it. I know John Paul Jones bought him a car at one point because he thought Jimmy should have one. He's not a car guy. As for food , he's got to be careful he's got stomach issues mixed with some stage fright and Jack Daniels. It was probably impossible for him to have ever gotten fat no matter what he did for a living. He's happy with a steak and fries. These issues are not where his passion lies.

IAs for food , he's got to be careful he's got stomach issues mixed with some stage fright and Jack Daniels. It was probably impossible for him to have ever gotten fat no matter what he did for a living. He's happy with a steak and fries.

Wasn't he vegetarian???? I am pretty sure I read this somewhere..

Jimmy has owned some very nice cars over the years, at least one of which was auctioned off at the Royal Albert Hall many years ago. Charlie Watts of The Rolling Stones, who lives near Lewes (and not far from Jimmy's former home Plumpton Place) also owns numerous

cars despite never having learned to drive.

Jimmy had a blender in his hotel room when the '77 tour got underway (Mar 1977) and told a journalist in Chicago (April 1977) he was off solids. How serious he was at that moment one cannot say, but I can tell you he was on solids while touring, (to include hamburgers!) following his return from mid-tour break in Cairo (May 1977) if not earlier.

Edit: Jimmy underwent abdominal surgery for a twisted colon in mid-August 1988 which

postponed the start of his 1988 North American tour.

Something Allison said in another thread got me wondering about Jimmy's Equinox Publishing (I'm assuming that's what it was called). Did the publishing enterprise stop around the same time as the book shop, 1979? Around how many titles were published?

I went searching on Amazon.com, but only found books by a much more recent company in London that goes by the same name. Coincidentally, their focus is on religious studies (Egyptian, Kabbalah, etc.).

Something Allison said in another thread got me wondering about Jimmy's Equinox Publishing (I'm assuming that's what it was called). Did the publishing enterprise stop around the same time as the book shop, 1979? Around how many titles were published?

I went searching on Amazon.com, but only found books by a much more recent company in London that goes by the same name. Coincidentally, their focus is on religious studies (Egyptian, Kabbalah, etc.).

Hey FireOpal! :wave:

I wonder if the lovely folks at Atlantis in Bloomsbury would know--they have the remaining stock from Equinox (the shop) and have been in the business for quite some time (the original owner of Atlantis, Michael Houghton, died quite some time ago, however). It's probably a good question to ask on lashtal.com also. I'll see what they say.

Jimmy has owned some very nice cars over the years, at least one of which was auctioned off at the Royal Albert Hall many years ago. Charlie Watts of The Rolling Stones, who lives near Lewes (and not far from Jimmy's former home Plumpton Place) also owns numerous

cars despite never having learned to drive.

Jimmy had a blender in his hotel room when the '77 tour got underway (Mar 1977) and told a journalist in Chicago (April 1977) he was off solids. How serious he was at that moment one cannot say, but I can tell you he was on solids while touring, (to include hamburgers!) following his return from mid-tour break in Cairo (May 1977) if not earlier.

Edit: Jimmy underwent abdominal surgery for a twisted colon in mid-August 1988 which

postponed the start of his 1988 North American tour.

My God! :o You know everything about this man. Dates even months, names, events, places, food preferences, past medical conditions, what else? You are better than wikipedia..I guess not even his mother is aware of all the stuff you know!!!

Do you also know what kind of underwear he favours? what colour? what brand? how often he changes it? where he buys it? :lol::lol::lol: Now I got you, you don't know this...

My God! :o You know everything about this man. Dates even months, names, events, places, food preferences, past medical conditions, what else? You are better than wikipedia..I guess not even his mother is aware of all the stuff you know!!!

Do you also know what kind of underwear he favours? what colour? what brand? how often he changes it? where he buys it? :lol::lol::lol: Now I got you, you don't know this...

:hysterical:

I read somewhere it's boxers in his later years, since they didn't have boxers in the 70's my guess would be briefs. :D

Wow I've never heard that. What's your source?

MTV News made a brief announcement about the postponements. The tour rehearsals were held in Atlanta and it was mentioned in the Atlanta Journal & Constitution during

an interview with Jimmy, among other sources. I thought this was rather well known.

Hoorah, another recruit to my crusade against the evil Wikipedia.

The only value I find in Wikipedia is as a supplemental source of minor points and details. For me, a wikipedia entry alone does not suffice as substantiation and

should be viewed with extreme skepticism.

Archived