Couple of questions about Jimmy Page

DanielTA

Actually, he has had pet dogs...one was called 'Cookie' ( very small yorkshire terrier I think it was)...there was also a very big one. This was when he was first at Windsor)

From memory I believe 'Cookie" was named after a German promoter who promised to show Zep a good time when they visited one of the German cities on the 1980 tour * sorry i forget which city) ...but he sadly died just before they hit town...or just after.

Cookie's was the name of the nightclub they went to following their 6/30/80 gig at the Festhalle in Frankfurt. Ahmet Ertegun and Siggy Loch, Managing Director of WEA Germany were in attendance. So far as I know all of their German tours were handled by Rau & Lippman, but perhaps Cookies was owned by or associated with a local promoter.

I once inquired with a limo driver from the '80 German tour but he did not support them

in Frankfurt so he had no recollection of the location or details.

Cookie's was the name of the nightclub they went to following their 6/30/80 gig at the Festhalle in Frankfurt. Ahmet Ertegun and Siggy Loch, Managing Director of WEA Germany were in attendance. So far as I know all of their German tours were handled by Rau & Lippman.

I once inquired with a limo driver from the '80 German tour but he did not support them

in Frankfurt so he had no recollection of the location or details.

That's it !! It was the nightclub owner who died. Not the promoter.

That's it !! It was the nightclub owner who died. Not the promoter.

Very interesting. I do hope to one day have the address of Cookies confirmed and perhaps a bit more infomation concerning Cookies relevance to the Frankfurt scene.

Fritz Rau, give me a shout! :lol:

Is Jimmy Page part Chinese?

lol, no, that's just because age has made his eye-area droop making him look Chinese. You can see photos of him when he was younger that he definately does not look Chinese, but unfortunately due to his face shape and genetics, as he aged, the skin fold on the top part of his eyelid drooped down, and ended up resembling a Chinese person...

071120_page_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

lol, no, that's just because age has made his eye-area droop making him look Chinese. You can see photos of him when he was younger that he definately does not look Chinese, but unfortunately due to his face shape and genetics, as he aged, the skin fold on the top part of his eyelid drooped down, and ended up resembling a Chinese person...

I wasn't going to get into it further but fair enough. The rumor seems to have originated in Japan when Jimmy went there to promote the Led Zeppelin Box Set (November 1990).

Some of the fans commented he had "Chinese eyes" and it's persisted ever since. This

is a hotly debated topic in some quarters. I'm not Chinese so I don't have a dog in the

fight aside from dispelling the rumor altogether.

071120_page_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

Actually, I was just watching the Mothership DVD, and I think he looked kinda Asian even back in the late 60's.

He has his father's eyes. The rumor is ridiculous!

You posted this and really don't know if "the rumor" is true or not. Does Jimmy have Asian ancestory? You don't know. I don't know. If Jimmy tells us, we will all know. I've seen pictures of Jimmy's father and agree that their eyes are similar. There is a chance that his father is partially descended from Asian bloodlines. The family may not know.

It is possible, right? Would it be SO terrible if the Page's had a touch of Asian blood in their ancestory?

I really don't care either way, but find the ABSOLUTE DENIAL disturbing......... :unsure:

You posted this and really don't know if "the rumor" is true or not. Does Jimmy have Asian ancestory? You don't know. I don't know. If Jimmy tells us, we will all know. I've seen pictures of Jimmy's father and agree that their eyes are similar. There is a chance that his father is partially descended from Asian bloodlines. The family may not know.

It is possible, right? Would it be SO terrible if the Page's had a touch of Asian blood in their ancestory?

I really don't care either way, but find the ABSOLUTE DENIAL disturbing......... :unsure:

That's how I've always felt. I don't know or care whether Jimmy has Asian ancestry, and he probably doesn't, but I don't understand why people feel the need to reassure each other that the idea is impossible, every time it comes up, as if it's a horrifying prospect. That may not be the way the response is intended to come across, but I find it disturbing, too.

^I don't think people find it at all horrifying (I certainly don't). It's just the silliness of it and its goofy persistence as a rumour. For me, it's the anachronistic thinking behind it that's the most irritating. It would be virtually impossible for this rumour to be true, given the fact that this would mean one of Jimmy's great-grandparents was Asian, taking us well back into the 19th century where relationships between English/Irish/Scots and Asian peoples would have been pretty much non-existent. Taking the whole eastern influences thing a little too literally imho!

You would have to be more specific and post what you read for us to examine it further.

Just because something is written doesn't make it true.

ok just try searching jimmy page 1/8 chiniese and see how many things come up including interviews.

^I don't think people find it at all horrifying (I certainly don't). It's just the silliness of it and its goofy persistence as a rumour. For me, it's the anachronistic thinking behind it that's the most irritating. It would be virtually impossible for this rumour to be true, given the fact that this would mean one of Jimmy's great-grandparents was Asian, taking us well back into the 19th century where relationships between English/Irish/Scots and Asian peoples would have been pretty much non-existent. Taking the whole eastern influences thing a little too literally imho!

You're right about this, of course, Allison, but I still find a lot of the responses to the topic xenophobic in tone, even if not intentionally. Just bugs me.

You're right about this, of course, Allison, but I still find a lot of the responses to the topic xenophobic in tone, even if not intentionally. Just bugs me.

I sure hope you didn't get that from my posts :unsure: I had heard it a while back, and was just asking out of interest, that's all. :)

I sure hope you didn't get that from my posts :unsure: I had heard it a while back, and was just asking out of interest, that's all. :)

No, not at all, Suz. :beer: And like I said, when I do get that sense from people, I'm sure it's unintentional. Or just me!

No, not at all, Suz. :beer: And like I said, when I do get that sense from people, I'm sure it's unintentional. Or just me!

:) Actually , you put into words what had crossed the back of my mind as I read the posts. When I asked about JP, it hadn't occured to me that the idea might put anybody off. I guess I don't wanna think that anyone would have a problem with it, if it were true.

Archived