Couple of questions about Jimmy Page

DanielTA

No, thanks.

What happened to the quest for enlightenment? Aren't you curious about Jimmy Page's mother? We've all seen the pics of Pagey's dad, but NONE of his mother. I doubt that she is anything but a proper English lady, but if she was Asian or any other race, it wouldn't change my admiration for JP. I find your lack of interest in the subject unusual.

What happened to the quest for enlightenment? Aren't you curious about Jimmy Page's mother? We've all seen the pics of Pagey's dad, but NONE of his mother. I doubt that she is anything but a proper English lady, but if she was Asian or any other race, it wouldn't change my admiration for JP. I find your lack of interest in the subject unusual.

I'm already aware of her maiden name (it isn't Chan or Wong), childhood and younger

days. I'm equally aware of the origins of this ridiculous rumor, which accounts for my

lack of interest.

Wouldn't you think if you were in Jimmy's shoes and you had a bunch of (obsessed) fans tracking down information on your parents you would feel a tad uncomfortable?

This type of "research" is downright unsettling to say the least.

I'm already aware of her maiden name (it isn't Chan or Wong), childhood and younger

days. I'm equally aware of the origins of this ridiculous rumor, which accounts for my

lack of interest.

Patricia Gaffykin. Traditional Chinese surname, descended from the Dung Dynasty. :hysterical:

i.e. this is crap. I can't believe how many times this topic has come back! :rolleyes:

Few know this, but he was for a short time raised by a yak! It's all very hush hush! But the yak butter he was suckled on actually made his playing so fluid!

Relax folks, it's just a bit of fun! :lol:

Patricia Gaffykin. Traditional Chinese surname, descended from the Dung Dynasty. :hysterical:

i.e. this is crap. I can't believe how many times this topic has come back! :rolleyes:

Few know this, but he was for a short time raised by a yak! It's all very hush hush! But the yak butter he was suckled on actually made his playing so fluid!

Relax folks, it's just a bit of fun! :lol:

I show Gaffikin, which is of Welsh origin. Otherwise, I am in complete agreement with

Evster. When Jimmy was a boy he and his family moved from Feltham to a 400-acre

farm in Northamptonshire and owned by his Great Uncle. I was not aware of him having been raised by a yak but undoubtedly it occured at the farm, as the yak didn't make the move back to Feltham in 1952.

It's only rock n' roll! :lol:

I show Gaffikin, which is of Welsh origin. Otherwise, I am in complete agreement with

Evster. When Jimmy was a boy he and his family moved from Feltham to a 400-acre

farm in Northamptonshire and owned by his Great Uncle. I was not aware of him having been raised by a yak but undoubtedly it occured at the farm, as the yak didn't make the move back to Feltham in 1952.

It's only rock n' roll! :lol:

"But I like it" only rock n roll "But I Like It" :D

I knew you'd get it, riot starter

"Ally, quit throwin' chairs!" -- Mick Jagger, PNE Coliseum, Vancouver, June 1972

"Mick, Please allow me to introduce myself " ally, PNE Coliseum, Vancouver, June 1972

• 10 months later...
And I never knew he didn't get a drivers license...

Oh, but he has had at least one license issued to him. He mentioned it (and the fact it was suspended) to Charles M. Young during an interview titled "Jimmy Page's True Will" published in the July 1988 issue of Musician magazine.

Oh, but he has had at least one license issued to him. He mentioned it (and the fact it was suspended) to Charles M. Young during an interview titled "Jimmy Page's True Will" published in the July 1988 issue of Musician magazine.

:blink: Suspended? What had he done to a poor car?

He didn't elaborate, but given he seldom if ever drove at the time it may well have been

suspended for purely administrative reasons (failure to pay for renewal, etc).

If it was a full (as opposed to "provisional", issued to learners) licence there is no renewal fee in the UK (till you are re-tested at age 70+) and a licence would only be suspended subject to a driving offence or accumulated points for speeding etc. "Administrative reasons" wouldn't really come into play here.

Uhh, thanks Steve and Knebby for the informations, I've never known he had a licence before.

I always wonder if englishmen have problems with driving in other coutries, because of the right/left-hand traffic.

Uhh, thanks Steve and Knebby for the informations, I've never known he had a licence before.

I always wonder if englishmen have problems with driving in other coutries, because of the right/left-hand traffic.

No more difficult than if any other nationality drove in the UK. It's not the traffic that's a problem, it's the fact that you're in a foreign country.

Archived