What would be your dream concert tour?

LedZep123

• LedZep123 changed the title to What would be your dream concert tour?

Oh, that's a good question that is difficult to answer.

ALL things considered -- venues, locations, hotels -- I think I'd have to choose The Rolling Stones 1989-90 Steel Wheels World Tour.

They were at the height of their popularity and that one really set the standard for all world tours since, in my opinion.

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Oh, that's a good question that is difficult to answer.

ALL things considered -- venues, locations, hotels -- I think I'd have to choose The Rolling Stones 1989-90 Steel Wheels World Tour.

They were at the height of their popularity and that one really set the standard for all world tours since, in my opinion.

Nice. You see them live?

Also, (activate teacher's pet) the SW tour was only in America and Japan in 1989. 1990 was the Urban Jungle Tour, which covered Europe. There were two different stage sets. 

Lol 🤪

6 hours ago, LedZep123 said:

Nice. You see them live?

Also, (activate teacher's pet) the SW tour was only in America and Japan in 1989. 1990 was the Urban Jungle Tour, which covered Europe. There were two different stage sets. 

Lol 🤪

I've seen them live several times through the years, and you're right about 1989-1990, so I'm comfortable with just saying the 1989 Steel Wheels Tour.

I see now we can also suggest a "dream tour" as opposed to tours that actually happened, and on that note I would say a 1969 Led Zeppelin / Rolling Stones package tour.

1 minute ago, SteveAJones said:

I've seen them live several times through the years, and you're right about 1989-1990, so I'm comfortable with just saying the 1989 Steel Wheels Tour.

I see now we can also suggest a "dream tour" as opposed to tours that actually happened, and on that note I would say a 1969 Led Zeppelin / Rolling Stones package tour.

Oh man. I'm imagining all the fights Mick would've had with Robert, and the even bigger fights that Jimmy would've had with Keith

"Look, you can't just go out there and wear out the audience. We need to play too" - Mick Jagger

"Oh shut up, you've been around for 5 more years than us" - Jimmy Page

"6 years actually" - Bill Wyman

"SHUT THE FUCK UP BILL" - Everyone else

12 minutes ago, LedZep123 said:

Oh man. I'm imagining all the fights Mick would've had with Robert, and the even bigger fights that Jimmy would've had with Keith

"Look, you can't just go out there and wear out the audience. We need to play too" - Mick Jagger

"Oh shut up, you've been around for 5 more years than us" - Jimmy Page

"6 years actually" - Bill Wyman

"SHUT THE FUCK UP BILL" - Everyone else

PRECISELY! :hysterical:  

14 hours ago, kipper said:

Canned Heat opening for The Rolling Stones at a small venue like the Whiskey or Troubadour, during any of the years Mick Taylor was with the Stones.

The bluray of The Stones at the Marquee club is soooooo good. Love the Mick Taylor years. Man did his playing flow. 

Fantasy - Van Halen opening for Zep in 1977 (although I expect this would have gone over with Zep as well as it did with Sabbath the following year when VH opened for them.)

Ones I got to see for real:

Judas Priest opening for Kiss in 1979.

Iron Maiden opening for Judas Priest in 1981 and 1982.

Summer 1971 Led Zeppelin, Santana, and The Allman Brothers

Or how about Heart opening for Led Zeppelin in 1977, with the Wilson sisters singing harmonies on Battle of Evermore and the rest of the acoustic set?

Edited by John M

17 hours ago, pageluvva said:

The bluray of The Stones at the Marquee club is soooooo good. Love the Mick Taylor years. Man did his playing flow. 

He was the best, and those where the best years for the Stones

A 3 day weekend all at Kezar Stadium.....................

Jimi Hendrix 

The Cream 

Led Zeppelin

The Stones

Jeff Beck

James Brown

The Chambers Brothers

Love w/Arthur Lee

Steve Miller

The Doors

Buffalo Springfield

Mountain