Most OVER rated Zeppelin song?

pujols05

Don't think there is one that is overated.

I would agree, coming from my perspective. The only people who seem to find Zep songs overrated are those who don't like Zep period. I'm sure there are exceptions (some big Zep fans I'm sure will find Stairway to be overrated) but nonetheless, I agree with your point.

I would agree, coming from my perspective. The only people who seem to find Zep songs overrated are those who don't like Zep period. I'm sure there are exceptions (some big Zep fans I'm sure will find Stairway to be overrated) but nonetheless, I agree with your point.

Well when you think about it Stairway cant possibly be overrated becuase it is pure brilliance, i mean, the time they took to create it was so short its unbelievable, the instrumentation is brilliant with JPJ on Flute Mellotron, Jimmy on his acoustic and telecaster (Or his Double Neck Sg 1275 Custom made famous by Stairway), and Robert with his vocals inspired by his daughter. It would also seem like, after all these years, that if it wasnt as famous as it is it would be an insult to the band becuase many noobs of Zeppelin or anyone in general would be capable to identify which artist made Stairway becuase it is what put Zeppelin ontop of the chart which they made with their first album

Well when you think about it Stairway cant possibly be overrated becuase it is pure brilliance, i mean, the time they took to create it was so short its unbelievable, the instrumentation is brilliant with JPJ on Flute Mellotron, Jimmy on his acoustic and telecaster (Or his Double Neck Sg 1275 Custom made famous by Stairway), and Robert with his vocals inspired by his daughter. It would also seem like, after all these years, that if it wasnt as famous as it is it would be an insult to the band becuase many noobs of Zeppelin or anyone in general would be capable to identify which artist made Stairway becuase it is what put Zeppelin ontop of the chart which they made with their first album

I'm willing to accept those who don't find Stairway to be genius, it doesn't appeal to everyone (even if it does for almost anyone).

Stairway To Heaven. People cream their pants over this song far too much. It's good, but is it the best thing they've ever done? Hell no. It's played too much on classic rock radio and people who don't know two things about Zeppelin are quick to call it "like, their greatest song like, ever."

Rain Song. Or All My Love...

On the later albums, there are always a few throways,like Candy Store Rock, D'Yer Maker, Hot Dog and Darlene. However they can't really be overrated 'cause no one seems to like them that much anyway. ;)

And I'm sure that I read somewhere that even the band don't think much of Livin' Lovin' Maid...

Overrated by whom? Who's doing this rating and more importantly, why should we give a toss what they have to say? It's subjective crap. Just opinions. Some people in this thread mentioned their dislike of All My Love and D'yer Maker. Funny the band found those significant enough statements to include them on Mothership. One man's trash is another's treasure. Opinion polls. Yawn.

Overrated by whom? Who's doing this rating and more importantly, why should we give a toss what they have to say? It's subjective crap. Just opinions. Some people in this thread mentioned their dislike of All My Love and D'yer Maker. Funny the band found those significant enough statements to include them on Mothership. One man's trash is another's treasure. Opinion polls. Yawn.

Bravo! Bravo! :thanku::beer:

Moving on...

I'd have to say Tampled Underfoot. Don't know why, but i've never liked that song???????

That is one of my favorites of all time. The only song I really do not like is The Crunge. I love Robert's voice and could listen to all of thier catalog all day long. The onlt CD's I have in my Honda CRV's 6 cd changer is Zep or Plant's solo work.

Archived