"Please Read The Letter"

I realize that Plant, Page, Jones and now Bonham Jr. have done some charity gigs......the O2 now included. But as far as their LZ fans go, what have they done for them? Yes they have created their favorite music, but that is their "product" and they have sold it. They are like a large company that has produced something that is in great demand. Dont forget, they have sold this product and have made more money off of it then most corporate CEO's. I have no problem with this. I think that everyone should be able to try and make as much money as they can. Because their "Music Product" is so far above most everything else, they deserve every penny that they have made. But I do not understand why so many fans do not realize that if it were not for them spending their hard earned money, Plant would not be in the position that he is in.

Have a great time at the Alison/Plant show. I wont be there, and am not ashamed to say it.

bottom line, if they really want to do a tour, they will do it. im sure they know by now how large their fan base is.

i do agree tho, if they do perfom, they should first work on cutting a few new songs.. of course still do the big ones like dazed and whole lotta love, but also add something new with jason.

Dear Plant One/ Classic Rocks,

It's good to talk to yah. I said I wouldn't go on a bands fan club list but I found this interesting ever since all the machinery was set back in motion to have the one offer for Ahmet. It amazes me about the Zep, here is a company Altlantic Records (Ahmet the President) that they had and may still have legal litigation over concerning the auditing for their record sales and still they beat their brains out for free; and more over charity that will help many many people.

I think Steve51 will hopefully realize the point that when musicians practice and I mean comeback, dead serious practice, their not getting paid for this time. How would any of you out there like to go to work each day for six month's, hone your skills again and simply when it's time for your bi-annual paycheck turn around and say Thank you give it to Ahmet and the Charity? How many out there reading this in this world and these times would do that? Of course they made money when your the best in your field it seems to be part of the pay back. Because they are musicians and singers is their life any easier than most? If the lot of you think so we have an expression; practice well we'll meet you on stage.

The crap that my mate Robert is holding up the works is Bullock's. He is a man of commitment and has made his to Alison. Steve51 have you ever done a favor for a friend because of your word and followed through on this conviction. I know you have; so realize this, the pleasure you recieved from the purchase of all the works in the past were created through thousand of hours of work. Don't believe anyone when they said it just happened. If you don't go to see Alison and Robert its your choice but don't for one second think that all the accolades that Led Zeppelin recieved (or in each of Plant,Page and Jones individual efforts) were gained by anything but hard work, their excellence to their craft, and the love they showed by allowing us to hear those efforts!

Peace and Love In All Ways

Franco

Hello Franco. You make some good points, but please realize that there are millions of people out there that have put in thousands of hours doing a lot harder work then anyone in LZ has. The common day labor'er, the Fireman, School teacher etc. Many working day after day, hour after hour and barely getting by. Many of these people have never been able to do what they "Love" to make a living. This is not taking anything from any member of LZ. I have already said that they deserve all that they have, and have worked hard to earn it. But they do not work as hard as probably 90% of the folks on this forum on a day to day basis. I just find (again IMHO) that plant has lost a lot of respect for the LZ side of his Fan Base and should get over it. When I say get over it, I do not mean tour or even ever play LZ again. Its just that over the past 20 to 25 years I have grown tired of his many times jaded views over his work with LZ.

Hello Franco. You make some good points, but please realize that there are millions of people out there that have put in thousands of hours doing a lot harder work then anyone in LZ has. The common day labor'er, the Fireman, School teacher etc. Many working day after day, hour after hour and barely getting by. Many of these people have never been able to do what they "Love" to make a living. This is not taking anything from any member of LZ. I have already said that they deserve all that they have, and have worked hard to earn it. But they do not work as hard as probably 90% of the folks on this forum on a day to day basis. I just find (again IMHO) that plant has lost a lot of respect for the LZ side of his Fan Base and should get over it. When I say get over it, I do not mean tour or even ever play LZ again. Its just that over the past 20 to 25 years I have grown tired of his many times jaded views over his work with LZ.

I'm not sure I would say he has lost respect for his LZ fan base. After all, if you go to a RP show, you will hear Zeppelin. There will be more of Zep after the RS Tour. I am certain of it.

Dear Steve51,

I most humbly agree that what a musician does vs. lets say a bricky or postman,fireman or any million of occupations is in most people's eyes work that is very happenstance or does not have the back breaking labors involved. My son is a Marine that has been to both Afghanistan and Iraq and I give him both my heart and thanks for him risking his life for our freedoms. All jobs that are exisiting in today's world do not have to be measured by muscle. Sometimes just sometimes brilliance and imagination coupled with talent can be not only much more stressfull than given credit; that at times I wonder where the world and life is headed. Should anyone make more than doctor's that preserve life and keep us all plodding on? Can anyone doubt the bravery or commitment to life when you see an officer of the law cool out a confrontation or the firemen rush into a burning blaze to help others? Do people even think for a second that the soldier does without question what is required of him by his higher ranking commanders?

But now let me ask you the turn of page question or the rub as said back home. When a young lad dropped out of University with friends to invent something called Microsoft do you think that was any less important at the time for the world. Does the University Professor with uncalused hands trigger the thought's in a genius that down the road invents drugs or cures to save ones life? Do you remember a time when a beautiful song was created called Stairway to Heaven and the time and the place that you first heard it? Of course you do. This lovely earth we all occupy is made up of dreamer's and realists. People that will go out and literally break their backs at toil and other's that seem to just pickup the tele and order another million brought around in there coffer's.

I have enjoyed Robert's use of the Zeppelin material in his solo carrer because even though it was written once; he rewrite's it again. The influence of Morrocan and Indian music is infussed in his tastes and I believe he got it spot on with Kashmir. The thing I want you to remember Steve is simply this; our dreams and fantasies are needed in this world to let us keep rambling on through the boredom and reality that is life. I myself am grateful that there are gifted people in the world that can take me to a better place for a few hours or a lifetime. Space travel,computer's,movies,songs, there are to many things to be thankful for that have been created and are still to come without being served by the back but by the brain. I do realize because I can drive a nail straight that my own shelter can be appreciated and it does take alot of my effort, but when I sit behind my drumkit each night losing 8 to 12 pounds of liquid by giving the people that came out for a show; you know the muscles hurt remarkably the same. I am just more than satisfied because I am doing what I love. And most importantly always remember to love my mate Robert because he loves all of you!

Franco

franco, i totaly understand you , but hopefully after he tours with allison, he might think to tour with lz ,but maybe after they come up with new material, always striving for the new thats what we love about them the diversity. thank you gina

Hi again Franco. First off, please thank your son for protecting our freedom. They are the ones that are the real heros. Second, I have reread all your posts and you make a lot of sense. I will try to be more open minded about this Plant stuff. Maybe I have been the one that has become jaded over the years. :blink::huh:

Dear Plant One/ Classic Rocks,

It's good to talk to yah. I said I wouldn't go on a bands fan club list but I found this interesting ever since all the machinery was set back in motion to have the one offer for Ahmet. It amazes me about the Zep, here is a company Altlantic Records (Ahmet the President) that they had and may still have legal litigation over concerning the auditing for their record sales and still they beat their brains out for free; and more over charity that will help many many people.

I think Steve51 will hopefully realize the point that when musicians practice and I mean comeback, dead serious practice, their not getting paid for this time. How would any of you out there like to go to work each day for six month's, hone your skills again and simply when it's time for your bi-annual paycheck turn around and say Thank you give it to Ahmet and the Charity? How many out there reading this in this world and these times would do that? Of course they made money when your the best in your field it seems to be part of the pay back. Because they are musicians and singers is their life any easier than most? If the lot of you think so we have an expression; practice well we'll meet you on stage.

The crap that my mate Robert is holding up the works is Bullock's. He is a man of commitment and has made his to Alison. Steve51 have you ever done a favor for a friend because of your word and followed through on this conviction. I know you have; so realize this, the pleasure you recieved from the purchase of all the works in the past were created through thousand of hours of work. Don't believe anyone when they said it just happened. If you don't go to see Alison and Robert its your choice but don't for one second think that all the accolades that Led Zeppelin recieved (or in each of Plant,Page and Jones individual efforts) were gained by anything but hard work, their excellence to their craft, and the love they showed by allowing us to hear those efforts!

Franco

Franco/Wales 1

Without revealing the band that you play drums for-would I know you? Just curious. and yes, thank you to your son for his sacrifices for freedoms that that all peoples of this earth should enjoy.

Regards,

PlantOneOnMe/Classicrockrocks

p.s. tell Robert we'll all be patiently waiting. :)

I can only hope they tour the States though not just England and or close by areas.I need them in Philly !!!!!!!!!

I seen Plant and Page back when they toured with the Orchestra and it was cool as hell but would love to see them just the four of them with( Jason ).

I am 37 and I have always wanted to see the real Zeppelin and with Bonzo gone Jason is the next best thing hands down.

Please come to Philly guys B)

Dear Classic Rock,Gina62,Steve51,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for thinkin and prayin for my son the next we talk I'll send on your prayer's. Classic I lived in the Yosemite Area of California when I was going through heavy auditions with the band from 85 through 90 and have resided in Chicagoland area since the death of my dad in 91. We almost did Live Aid but a Leprechan bumped me off the bill. Su Su Sudikick my ass!

I tend to love playing behind blue's artists here in Chicago because the music is both clean and totally exspressive. Classic you could know me if you are from the area; and Steve if Robert asked me to give it a go after Alison I don't know. How good am I?, if you see me play let me know. People usually yell out from the crowd John Bonham that I think is the best compliment any drummer could ever hope to recieve!

Franco

That's at least an easy read for a letter haha, but at this point I think they're probably getting sick of it. I'm just going to believe they're not going to tour because then I won't be disappointed if they don't. I'm a poor college kid. I wouldn't stand any chance of getting tickets if they did anyway!

I'm so pessimistic tonight. I blame listening to people talk about how great Justin Timberlake is all day.

Dear Classic Rock,Gina62,Steve51,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for thinkin and prayin for my son the next we talk I'll send on your prayer's. Classic I lived in the Yosemite Area of California when I was going through heavy auditions with the band from 85 through 90 and have resided in Chicagoland area since the death of my dad in 91. We almost did Live Aid but a Leprechan bumped me off the bill. Su Su Sudikick my ass!

I tend to love playing behind blue's artists here in Chicago because the music is both clean and totally exspressive. Classic you could know me if you are from the area; and Steve if Robert asked me to give it a go after Alison I don't know. How good am I?, if you see me play let me know. People usually yell out from the crowd John Bonham that I think is the best compliment any drummer could ever hope to recieve!

Franco

Franco,

Unfortunately, I have never been to Chicago, so I would not have seen you play. You said you resemble John Bonham in your looks and your abilities. So , I'd love to see you in action. If I am ever in Chicago I'd be sure to look you up.

When you said Su Su Sudikick, I assume you were talking about Phil Collins at Live Aid. Leprechan, eh? I guess he could be called! LOL! Yeah, he didn't cut it with Page/Plant and Jones during Live Aid, not in my opinion anyway.

Regards,

PlantOne / ClassicRocks

Dear Plant One and ATKH,

Good Evenin! AT the only pumpkins I know of are the ones I carved for my son's during All Hollow's Eve other than that excuse me for not knowing the other drummer's name. I was raised by the likes of Gene Krupa,Buddy Rich, Ringo,Ginger Baker, Keith Moon and then there was John. After that I knew that was drummin; my kind of drumming, and for over 40 years I have heard,seen and through respect learned the style I could play and how I hear the way drums should be applied to the piece being played or written if you will.

Dear Plant One you guessed right it was the Leprechan as a matter of fact my manager Ritchie Yorke (whose wife knew Phil from Vancouver,Canada) took offense when I told Ritchie I took offense to said small green man. She was nice enough to throw me out of their home on I believe the first of two or three occasions. Such is the way of a drummer always saying exactly what we feel (no sugar coating) except for the ladies! Who knows maybe you can get to see me play if Robert wants to give it a go I'll follow him to the end. But without sugar; the new shit better be out of this world. I don't go out to sweat blood just to smash a pumpkin or catch a Leprechan!

Peace and Love In All Ways,

Franco

Dear Plant One and ATKH,

Good Evenin! AT the only pumpkins I know of are the ones I carved for my son's during All Hollow's Eve other than that excuse me for not knowing the other drummer's name. I was raised by the likes of Gene Krupa,Buddy Rich, Ringo,Ginger Baker, Keith Moon and then there was John. After that I knew that was drummin; my kind of drumming, and for over 40 years I have heard,seen and through respect learned the style I could play and how I hear the way drums should be applied to the piece being played or written if you will.

Dear Plant One you guessed right it was the Leprechan as a matter of fact my manager Ritchie Yorke (whose wife knew Phil from Vancouver,Canada) took offense when I told Ritchie I took offense to said small green man. She was nice enough to throw me out of their home on I believe the first of two or three occasions. Such is the way of a drummer always saying exactly what we feel (no sugar coating) except for the ladies! Who knows maybe you can get to see me play if Robert wants to give it a go I'll follow him to the end. But without sugar; the new shit better be out of this world. I don't go out to sweat blood just to smash a pumpkin or catch a Leprechan!

Peace and Love In All Ways,

Franco

I make it to Chicago now and again, I will keep an eye out for the states best Zeppelin drummer, I like to carve pumpkins too, but I like a lot of the Leprechan's Music.

If Robert wants to give it a go, what exactly is "it" you're refering to. His solo stuff or Zeppelin? Because, The Strange Sensation already has a drummer and well yeah, Jason Bonham... I think already has the other seat.

Peaceful Sugar Coatings,

ATKH

Dear ATKH,

All lot of people (like) the Leprechan's Music it's got a good beat,you can dance to it,I'd rate it a 70 (American Bandstand). But again this is the answer you provided yourself a lot like; with Zeppelin isn't it Love? To tell the truth Percy has had a slew of good drummers in the back of his solo efforts but he only had one great rock drummer in the back of him since 1980. All the rest have occupied the space and they just haven't delivered the goods. Drummin is Drummin who you want to go to battle and war with is a completely different story. If you think anyone has the seat perilous sewn up then ask Percy why he tore Jason's head off publicly when he named his band Bonham? To quote "he's no John Bonham" and the (it) is just what you think it is only UNLEADED!

Peace And Love In All Ways

Franco

Dear ATKH,

All lot of people (like) the Leprechan's Music it's got a good beat,you can dance to it,I'd rate it a 70 (American Bandstand). But again this is the answer you provided yourself a lot like; with Zeppelin isn't it Love? To tell the truth Percy has had a slew of good drummers in the back of his solo efforts but he only had one great rock drummer in the back of him since 1980. All the rest have occupied the space and they just haven't delivered the goods. Drummin is Drummin who you want to go to battle and war with is a completely different story. If you think anyone has the seat perilous sewn up then ask Percy why he tore Jason's head off publicly when he named his band Bonham? To quote "he's no John Bonham" and the (it) is just what you think it is only UNLEADED!

Peace And Love In All Ways

Franco

Yes, it is true, I Love Led Zeppelin and Like the Leprechan... :lol:

If they are serious aboutraising money for this scholarship fund, imho, the Sturgis motorcycle rally would be the ideal gig. The Buffalo chip can handle close to 300,000 people and with minor modifications, over half a million. At say, $150 a head you're looking at 75 mil. I'm sure Woody would accept a fraction of that for the privilege of playing host to the greatest concert ever. His major expenses are there whether it is 100,000 for Skynyrd, 60,000 for zz topp, or 500,000 forZeppelin. Just a deliciously whimsical idea.

Dear Eagles,

I had proposed the idea similar to the idea you have but with the backdrop of my hometown Chicago being used and the lovely lakefront. The people at Warner Bros. WEA California were estatic however back in '85 it was a good idea never used. As a concert venue it was proposed to consist of the price of admission coupled with the fact that a food stuff was to be required upon entry of said concert area. The room available in this natural amphitheatre would hold at least 1,000,000 fans bringing in at least 1,000,000 items of dry food stuffs to help feed the poor. Tickets were to be sold by the bandmember's using McCormick Place as the only sale office, they were to be sold as a cash only basis, and no one could buy more than two tickets which would lock out ticket scalper's and evenmore they to be sold by every bandmember because we would all like to thank everyone personally and see their faces up close. I was taught by my father a good deal was always concluded by a handshake and I believe this is the only way to sell tickets. The concert revenue's could have been even more astronomical with huge flat screens strateicaly placed with Cable or Network World Coverage with the right's being afforded to the highest bidders. Having the quality and knowledge to handle such a quaint get together of a million or so of the band's friends would be essential. The Televison revenues would also go to a charity announced after concert is done. Then as the sun dipped below the office buildings to the west and a blimp arriving exactly overhead the stage each letter of the word Zeppelin would become visible, along with the drone of it's engines the strains of the song "In the Evening" would announce the band blasting out the first number on stage. Bringing not only the belief in a new day for the unfortunate needing the foodstuffs; but also a good kick in the ass for the music scene that has been sitting idol for too dam long.

I have been to Sturgis though, and that could be a great place to blow off the news that things "as there were again they will be". I believe wholeheartedly that the direct corellation of sunshine absorbed by the human body tends to bring out the lunacy. And Sturgis seems extremly qualified to promote that! Or should I say Radioactivity?

That could indeed be the place to kick off let's say the second half of a tour? It makes me wonder?

Franco

Archived