Which song made you a fan?

Anandi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is and What Should Never Be.

I wasn't too familiar with Led Zep 1, and Whole Lotta Love was already over played in LA, when,  driving into Las Vegas at age 16, my buddy was debuting Led Zep II on his 8 track tape machine. We were just coming into town and blasting the volume when I heard the way cool speaker separation of the power chords at the end of What is, and that sound, and Jimmy's staccato pick scraping between the chords - was the coolest thing I had ever heart up to that point in my life.

That song was my first favorite, though  Heartbreaker was a close second about 5 minutes later. Damn, that lead is fast.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 6:29 PM, pageluvva said:

Misty Mountain. I remember the morning in my room. I played that song 1000 times that week. 

When those drums come in it still gives me chills. 

What's yours? 

I see! Misty Mountain Hop is just amazing for me as well. 

Sorry for the late reply 😅

It is Dazed and Confused for me. Belonging to the younger generation who grew up on all the classic rock radio stations they had back in the day, I/m sure i heard Stairway first but it was Dazed which woke me up and made me sit at attention. The middle section leading into the guitar solo just absolutely blew my mind. It was to me something more than just a song. I think I agree with Ray Davies who wrote that he doesn't think of Zeppelin's music as songs, sorry i don't recall the rest of what he wrote but for me Zeppelin is beyond calling their music 'songs'. Maybe that's why today i find alot of what i used to like boring and sometimes unlistenable even. What you ask, well i don't know how about the Who for example all those pop ditties Pete Townshend wrote during the 60s.

I really enjoyed their third album, and I that album helped me get a wider range of music taste. From the hard-rock stompers of Immigrant Song and Out Of The Tiles, to the sort of pop tunes of Celebration Day, to blues of Since I've Been Loving You, to acoustic of Tangerine... one of my favourite albums of all time. 

• 1 month later...

I was kind of a fan before I knew it. As a little kid in the 70s, Led Zep was all over the radio, and grown-ups liked to take their radios EVERYWHERE back then 😂

Whenever "Kashmir" came on, I stopped whatever I was doing to listen. I was hypnotized by that Bonham-Page push-pull riff. I had no idea what I was listening or who it was and didn't think to ask.

I became a conscious LZ fan in high school when some kid put on the fourth album in the art room during the lunch break. So, I guess the official answer for me is "Black Dog". Hearing that for the first time ever at age 15, I was like "where have you been all my life" lol. I had all of their albums by the end of that month. Discovering "Kashmir" in that new context was like being visited by an old friend. It was like ... "hey I know you ..!!"

Sorry for novel 😂 (#coolstorybro)