Are there some Zep songs where live version does not exist?

Hi everyone.  I’ve been trying to find a good live version of D’yer M’ker and all I can find is a recording of Plant singing a few bars of the melody during a moment between songs.  Is there no good full version of that song live?  If not, are there other Zep songs whereby regrettably no good live version exists?

CZ

I believe D'yer M'ker was never performed live. There are quite a few other songs in that bucket spread across the albums. There are good recordings of fairly complete versions of some songs that were rehearsed in sound checks but never played in concerts – examples include The Rover and Night Flight.

1 hour ago, CarbonZep said:

Hi everyone.  I’ve been trying to find a good live version of D’yer M’ker and all I can find is a recording of Plant singing a few bars of the melody during a moment between songs.  Is there no good full version of that song live?  If not, are there other Zep songs whereby regrettably no good live version exists?

CZ

Never did a complete version of Good Times Bad Times whilst Bonzo was alive.  Don't think they ever did "Your Time is Gonna Come'.
No 'Living Loving Maid' (Page dislikes it).
No 'Hats off...'.
No "Custard Pie' (a REAL shame), No full version of 'The Rover'.  No 'Houses of the Holy'.  No 'In The Light' (Jones didn't trust his synthesiser to stay in tune).  No 'Night Flight'.
'For Your Life' only at the O2. No 'Royal Orleans', no 'Candy Store Rock', no 'Hots on for nowhere', no 'Tea for one'.
'Carouselambra' only as a partial rehearsal recording. No "Fool in the rain', No 'I'm Gonna Crawl', No 'Southbound Saurez.

Loads, basically.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on how we look at it.  I add Page and Plant solo tours with Zep material in.  So take that away.  Its a different story.  P/P  and Plant solo have done Lots of Zep material that never got done with Zep.  So we now have Custard Pie/Hey Hey What Can I do/FOr Your Life-which at the O2 to me was better than the studio version.  A Carasolsambra in a medley/In the Light the start/Wanton Song/Living Loving Maid-solo Plant/Good Times Bad Times.  There are some others.  

• 1 month later...

IIRC these are the song they never played completely (just live Zep, 68-80), thats not counting when there were part of WLL or HMMT medleys. 

- Your Time is Gonna Come (LZ1)

- Good Times Bad Times (LZ1)

- Ramble On (LZ2)

- Living Loving Maid (LZ2)

- Hats off To Roy Harper (LZ3)

- D’yer Maker (HOTH)

- The Crunge (HOTH) [?]

- Custard Pie (PH)

- The Rover (PH)

- Houses of the Holy (PH)

- In the Light (PH)

- Down by the Seaside (PH)

- Night Flight (PH)

- Boogie with Stu (PH)

- For Your Life (Presence)

- Royal Orleans (Presence)

- Candy Rock Store (Presence)

- Hots on Nowhere (Presence)

- Tea For One (Presence)

- South Bound Suarez (ITTOD)

- Carouselambra (ITTOD)

- I’m Gonna Crawl (ITTOD)

- Fool in the Rain (ITTOD)

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 2:27 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Off the top of my head: Tea For One, Down By The Sea Side, Houses of the Holy. I'm sure there are more

That’s really sad.  I thought they played each of their songs live at least once.   Would love to hear a live version of Tea for One.

On 5/11/2021 at 12:21 AM, zeppelin_starship said:

IIRC these are the song they never played completely (just live Zep, 68-80), thats not counting when there were part of WLL or HMMT medleys. 

- Your Time is Gonna Come (LZ1)

- Good Times Bad Times (LZ1)

- Ramble On (LZ2)

- Living Loving Maid (LZ2)

- Hats off To Roy Harper (LZ3)

- D’yer Maker (HOTH)

- The Crunge (HOTH) [?]

- Custard Pie (PH)

- The Rover (PH)

- Houses of the Holy (PH)

- In the Light (PH)

- Down by the Seaside (PH)

- Night Flight (PH)

- Boogie with Stu (PH)

- For Your Life (Presence)

- Royal Orleans (Presence)

- Candy Rock Store (Presence)

- Hots on Nowhere (Presence)

- Tea For One (Presence)

- South Bound Suarez (ITTOD)

- Carouselambra (ITTOD)

- I’m Gonna Crawl (ITTOD)

- Fool in the Rain (ITTOD)

Damn that’s a long list.  I thought maybe Dy’er Ma’ker was a just a rare exception.  Someone else mention though, that maybe there are rehearsal versions (maybe even just partial versions) somewhere.

On 4/5/2021 at 2:32 AM, McSeven said:

It depends on how we look at it.  I add Page and Plant solo tours with Zep material in.  So take that away.  Its a different story.  P/P  and Plant solo have done Lots of Zep material that never got done with Zep.  So we now have Custard Pie/Hey Hey What Can I do/FOr Your Life-which at the O2 to me was better than the studio version.  A Carasolsambra in a medley/In the Light the start/Wanton Song/Living Loving Maid-solo Plant/Good Times Bad Times.  There are some others.  

Well, that’s good news.  I’ll have to search there.  Do you know if P&P ever performed D’yer Ma’ker?

On 3/27/2021 at 2:39 AM, woz70 said:

Never did a complete version of Good Times Bad Times whilst Bonzo was alive.  Don't think they ever did "Your Time is Gonna Come'.
No 'Living Loving Maid' (Page dislikes it).
No 'Hats off...'.
No "Custard Pie' (a REAL shame), No full version of 'The Rover'.  No 'Houses of the Holy'.  No 'In The Light' (Jones didn't trust his synthesiser to stay in tune).  No 'Night Flight'.
'For Your Life' only at the O2. No 'Royal Orleans', no 'Candy Store Rock', no 'Hots on for nowhere', no 'Tea for one'.
'Carouselambra' only as a partial rehearsal recording. No "Fool in the rain', No 'I'm Gonna Crawl', No 'Southbound Saurez.

Loads, basically.

Any idea where I can hear the carouselambra rehearsal?

3 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Any idea where I can hear the carouselambra rehearsal?

Tracks: (Disc 1) 1. All My Love (final mix), 2. Unreleased Track (isolated drum track), 3. Carouselambra (isolated drum track), 4. Ozone Baby (isolated drum track), 5. Ozone Baby (isolated drum track), 6. All My Love (isolated drum track), 7. Wearing And Tearing (isolated drum track), 8. Drums Segments (isolated drum track), 9. Fool In The Rain (isolated drum track). (Disc 2) 1. Fire (rehearsal), 2. Carouselambra (rehearsals fragments), 3. Carouselambra (instrumental), 4.Unknown, 5. Wearing And Tearing, 6. Fool In The Rain (take 1), 7. Hot Dog, 8. In The Evening, 9. Southbound Suarez, 10. Darlene, 11. Fool In The Rain (take 2), 12. Carouselambra

Edited by Zep Hed

3 hours ago, EaglesOfOneNest said:

I don't believe Zep ever played Out on the Tiles live, but I could be mistaken. 

Out On the Tiles was performed a few times as an encore in 1970, most famously at the LA Forum "Blueberry Hill" show on September 4th. Enjoy!

On 6/9/2021 at 2:21 AM, CarbonZep said:

Well, that’s good news.  I’ll have to search there.  Do you know if P&P ever performed D’yer Ma’ker?

I don't think so.  Possibly though.  I know that Plant did the medley of it sort of with the Oh Oh's from Dyer Maker on the tale end of a Communication Breakdown during The Presence era shows.