EVSD Unveiling New SBD May 21st

Man, would I like to finally see (and hear) a Soundboard Release of the never heard Houston 1975 show.....!

First ever classical piano interlude by JPJ during "No Quarter"...  Repeated again the following night in Baton Rouge on Feb. 28, 1975

Photo: Mark Bowman Images - Houston 1975

JP and JPJ Houston 1975 by Mark Bowman Images.jpg

A true dream release would be the rest of 9/29, 9/28, or another Japan 71 show. Hell, anything from 1968-1972 would be amazing. 77 is definitely something I'd like to have more of as well. I agree Birmingham, Baton Rouge, or Greensboro (or maybe another NY show) are the most likely candidates. I'd especially be happy with Greensboro or Baton Rouge since they're unheard. As for 75, the only ones that would be interesting to me would be Rotterdam, the rest of Bloomington, Philly, or 3/12. Anything else? Meh. I'm tired of 75 soundboards to be perfectly honest.

Hi

I have just purchased and received the ESVD Maryland Moonshine Matrix from AirRaid which I think is the “In Celebration for a King” work released by Led Zeppelin Rarities a few months ago. I have not had a proper listen to compare so I am happy to be told that it is not the same.

3 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

A true dream release would be the rest of 9/29, 9/28, or another Japan 71 show. Hell, anything from 1968-1972 would be amazing. 77 is definitely something I'd like to have more of as well. I agree Birmingham, Baton Rouge, or Greensboro (or maybe another NY show) are the most likely candidates. I'd especially be happy with Greensboro or Baton Rouge since they're unheard. As for 75, the only ones that would be interesting to me would be Rotterdam, the rest of Bloomington, Philly, or 3/12. Anything else? Meh. I'm tired of 75 soundboards to be perfectly honest.

Bit disappointed really - given it’s the fiftieth anniversary of the Japan 71 tour, I was really hoping for the rest of the board from 29/9/71. And they only usually release one a year. The 77 boards sound so bad as well. 

1. BREAKING: Jesus Blue Box contents revealed. Brand-new SBD. Historic release! Levee!! No pics yet.

Led Zeppelin Jesus Blue Box LTD 2CD+ bonus 4CD $398
    LTD 100 copies numbered
    Empress Valley Supreme Disc

Met Center, Bloomington, Minn.
    January 18, 1975
    EVSD-1280~81
    Superb Soundboard Source

CD1
    Intro / Rock and Roll / Sick Again / Over the Hills and Far Away / When the Levee Breaks / The Song Remains the Same / The Rain Song / Kashmir / The Wanton Song
    CD2
    No Quarter / Trampled Underfoot / Moby Dick / In My Time of Dying / Stairway to Heaven / Whole Lotta Love / Black Dog

Bonus (A) 2CD
    Met Center, Bloomington, Minn., January 18, 1975

Audience Source
    CD1
    Rock and Roll / Sick Again / Over the Hills and Far Away / When the Levee Breaks / The Song Remains the Same / The Rain Song / Kashmir
    CD2
    The Wanton Song / No Quarter / Trampled Underfoot / Moby Dick / Stairway to Heaven

Bonus (B) 2CD
    Vorst Nationaal, Brussels, Belgium, January 12, 1975

Audience Source
    Rock and Roll / Sick Again / Over the Hills and Far Away / When the Levee Breaks / The Song Remains the Same / The Rain Song / Kashmir / Wanton Song / No Quarter / Trampled Underfoot
    CD2
    In My Time of Dying / Stairway to Heaven / Whole Lotta Love / Black Dog / Communication Breakdown

Deek57
    •  

I’m in for this, though I’m curious if it will be a more complete tape than what’s surfaced already (ie without the cut in “The Wanton Song”). EV has always had mostly complete ‘75 board tapes so I don’t see why this wouldn’t be the same, though maybe with it being the first night of the tour, whoever recorded it may not have been able to anticipate the length of songs versus the available tape. 

Regardless, I’m in for this. I’m holding out hope that it’s more or less complete. 

Great news for sure . . . Possibly a dumb question here, BUT is this the anticipated release as mentioned above, as the "unveiling" day was set for later this week correct? Or . . . did the news leak out early, or is this just a great week in Zeppelin releases?!

Solid show after the first couple of numbers. RAR and OTHAFA are a rough ride for Plant's voice and Page's finger injury but I really enjoyed the rest of the performance. Great version of When The Levee Breaks and the 2nd half of the show is fantastic.

Wonder if anyone will matrix the soundboard and the audience together. This dry soundboard definitely needs a bit of reverb and atmosphere and Wanton Song needs patching. Anyone up for the challenge?

12 minutes ago, Michael Fry said:

Solid show after the first couple of numbers. RAR and OTHAFA are a rough ride for Plant's voice and Page's finger injury but I really enjoyed the rest of the performance. Great version of When The Levee Breaks and the 2nd half of the show is fantastic.

Wonder if anyone will matrix the soundboard and the audience together. This dry soundboard definitely needs a bit of reverb and atmosphere and Wanton Song needs patching. Anyone up for the challenge?