1st concert post-COVID shutdown

Walter

I’m gonna attend my first live show on May 26, The Circle, since Jack White - Nov 2019 - and the COVID shutdown. It’ll be outdoors of the Dr Phillips Center and City Hall in downtown Orlando. I see the Motley Crue/Def Leppard tour has been put off to 2022 as well as the Roger Waters show I bought tickets to back in 2019. Anyone been to an in person live show? Who was it? Where was it? Looking forward to getting back out there to all venues soon! 🤘🏼

Went to see Crowded House on March 21st at the Spark Arena in Auckland. The 12,000 seat venue was so close to being sold out. When I looked in the morning to see how many tickets were left, there were no more than 15. 

Edited by LedZep123
Typo

31 minutes ago, LedZep123 said:

Went to see Crowded House on March 21st at the Spark Arena in Auckland. The 12,000 seat venue was so close to being sold out. When I looked in the morning to see how many tickets were left, there were no more than 15. 

Cool. Looking forward to their new album. I picked up their farewell to the world dvd recently. 

R😎

2 hours ago, reids said:

Cool. Looking forward to their new album. I picked up their farewell to the world dvd recently. 

R😎

Nice - this was the setlist for the show

1. Weather With You

2. Mean To Me

3. World Where You Live

4. In My Command

5. Whatever You Want (new song)

6. Fall At Your Feet

7. Whispers And Moans

8. Playing With Fire (new song) (with opening act Reb Fountain)

9. Pineapple Head

10. When You Come

11. Pirate Universe

12. Four Seasons In One Day

13. Silent House

14. To The Island (new song) (with Reb Fountain)

15. Nails In My Feet

16. Locked Out

17. Don't Dream It's Over (best song of the evening)

18. Something So Strong

19. Distant Sun

ENCORE

20. Chocolate Cake (Neil Finn on piano)

21. Heroes (David Bowie song) (Neil Finn on piano)

22. I Got You (Split Enz song) (bit of nostalgia)

23. Elephants (funny story - a guy in a Slayer shirt threw a dart on the stage and Neil decided to play the song)

24. Better Be Home Soon

New album is called Dreamers Are Waiting

It will be a long time before there are any concerts in this Shit hole of a Country. I mean if the start of the pandemic wasn't bad enough, we let in thousands of flights from India come in UNCHECKED knowing the Indian Variant was spreading like wildfire. Doris didn't want to upset the Indian PM because of trade talks. There you go Doris as long as the money comes in fuck everyone else.

The last concert I saw before everything shut down was Mr. Bungle at the Fonda Theatre last February 2020. I have no idea what my first concert post-covid will be but I know the Hollywood Bowl and the Greek Theatre are scheduling concerts this summer, so I hope to see something this summer. I was supposed to see the Tedeschi/Trucks Band and St. Paul & the Broken Bones at Red Rocks last summer with a friend. It got cancelled of course, and then postponed again this year to 2022…except that St. Paul & the Broken Bones will no longer be part of the bill.

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

The last concert I saw before everything shut down was Mr. Bungle at the Fonda Theatre last February 2020. I have no idea what my first concert post-covid will be but I know the Hollywood Bowl and the Greek Theatre are scheduling concerts this summer, so I hope to see something this summer. I was supposed to see the Tedeschi/Trucks Band and St. Paul & the Broken Bones at Red Rocks last summer with a friend. It got cancelled of course, and then postponed again this year to 2022…except that St. Paul & the Broken Bones will no longer be part of the bill.

Mr. Bungle! Nice!

4 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Going to see a Phoenix based Pink Floyd tribute band called 'Shine On Floyd' May 29th. My last concert before the pandemic was Iron Maiden and what a kick ass show it was!

Oh nice! I want to go see a PF tribute band called the Pink Floyd Experience at the Bruce Manson Center in Auckland. 

On 5/17/2021 at 1:29 AM, LedZep123 said:

Nice - this was the setlist for the show

1. Weather With You

2. Mean To Me

3. World Where You Live

4. In My Command

5. Whatever You Want (new song)

6. Fall At Your Feet

7. Whispers And Moans

8. Playing With Fire (new song) (with opening act Reb Fountain)

9. Pineapple Head

10. When You Come

11. Pirate Universe

12. Four Seasons In One Day

13. Silent House

14. To The Island (new song) (with Reb Fountain)

15. Nails In My Feet

16. Locked Out

17. Don't Dream It's Over (best song of the evening)

18. Something So Strong

19. Distant Sun

ENCORE

20. Chocolate Cake (Neil Finn on piano)

21. Heroes (David Bowie song) (Neil Finn on piano)

22. I Got You (Split Enz song) (bit of nostalgia)

23. Elephants (funny story - a guy in a Slayer shirt threw a dart on the stage and Neil decided to play the song)

24. Better Be Home Soon

New album is called Dreamers Are Waiting

Cool. Glad you had a good time.

my last concert before covid was Eric Johnson March 2020 and looking forward to a few shows late summer (Primus‘ “Rush: A Farewell To Kings tribute show). Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley and KISS’ 3rd farewell Atlanta show (2000, 2019 & now August 2021)...

R😎

10 hours ago, reids said:

Cool. Glad you had a good time.

my last concert before covid was Eric Johnson March 2020 and looking forward to a few shows late summer (Primus‘ “Rush: A Farewell To Kings tribute show). Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley and KISS’ 3rd farewell Atlanta show (2000, 2019 & now August 2021)...

R😎

Nice. 

I think I'm going to go see a Pink Floyd Experience on June 10th. It will be my 2nd concert of the year (3rd overall) - however, it is on a school night. BUT SCHOOL WILL NOT STOP A 3 HOUR ROCK CONCERT!!!!!!

On 5/29/2021 at 11:07 AM, LedZep123 said:

I think I'm going to go see a Pink Floyd Experience on June 10th. It will be my 2nd concert of the year (3rd overall) - however, it is on a school night. BUT SCHOOL WILL NOT STOP A 3 HOUR ROCK CONCERT!!!!!!

Got my tickets. 

Not sure if it will be my first concert attending post-covid, but I just purchased my first post-covid concert tickets…St. Vincent and Spoon at the Hollywood Bowl, September 24. I am sure a show or two will crop up before then that I will attend but for now, it just feels good to have tickets for a show this year after the drought of the past year and a half.

4je5umpx2h171.jpg.5770fee92393a9d5d4bfcd316324720f.jpg

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Not sure if it will be my first concert attending post-covid, but I just purchased my first post-covid concert tickets…St. Vincent and Spoon at the Hollywood Bowl, September 24. I am sure a show or two will crop up before then that I will attend but for now, it just feels good to have tickets for a show this year after the drought of the past year and a half.

4je5umpx2h171.jpg.5770fee92393a9d5d4bfcd316324720f.jpg

Awesome! So glad you are going to step out and get your groove back on. 

Our show last week was a good night out. Music was secondary to hitting downtown for the first time in 1.5 years. I liked the convenience of scanning my phone and having drinks delivered to our “pod”. Liked that we had our own space, with a small table and chairs. Vince Neil came out and did Rock n Roll (the only Zep song played). Guitarist couldn’t handle EVH’s material - which was almost half of the set list. Jason is still getting it done on the skins. Expectations were about equal to performance. It was just great to get out!! 

CF0FD039-BCCD-4A07-9DFF-41B16F4B0B99.jpeg

51F07268-3671-442C-A40C-1BCD89A2D9BE.jpeg

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Awesome! So glad you are going to step out and get your groove back on. 

Our show last week was a good night out. Music was secondary to hitting downtown for the first time in 1.5 years. I liked the convenience of scanning my phone and having drinks delivered to our “pod”. Liked that we had our own space, with a small table and chairs. Vince Neil came out and did Rock n Roll (the only Zep song played). Guitarist couldn’t handle EVH’s material - which was almost half of the set list. Jason is still getting it done on the skins. Expectations were about equal to performance. It was just great to get out!! 

CF0FD039-BCCD-4A07-9DFF-41B16F4B0B99.jpeg

51F07268-3671-442C-A40C-1BCD89A2D9BE.jpeg

Oh my god... I love the seating arrangement you know?

• 3 weeks later...