Zep's Regal Tastes

Although this is still true today, my main focus of this post involves  them during the Led Zeppelin years.  

The thing I have always admired second most about Led Zeppelin, first place would be their music, is their tastes in opulence.  They had the best tastes in drink, food, hotels, clothing, vehicles, travel (airplanes), females,...and things I just can't mention here.  I caught flack in my younger years, I am on the edge of 54 now, for my tastes in music clashing with my tastes in clothes, food, and drink.  It has always made me feel good knowing the the boys in Zeppelin enjoyed the finer things of life too.

To me, a lot of the metal bands of the '80's, which was my era, were just postering but Zep was the real deal all around!

Zep caused me to experience two things which were both amazing.  Those two things were staying at the Royal Orleans before it was swallowed by the corporate hotel monster and Dom Perignon.  These two things, Dom Perignon and the Royal Orleans, were both life highlights to me and I am so much a richer person for these two experiences.

If I could say two things to Jimmy they would be:

1.  Led Zeppelin has been my favorite band since I was a young man and they always be.

2.  I have long admired your tastes in - EVERYTHING!!!

P.S.

I want the folks here to know that my younger self had enough sense to stop just short of sampling the cocaine and the heroin.

11 hours ago, Old Man said:

Although this is still true today, my main focus of this post involves  them during the Led Zeppelin years.  

The thing I have always admired second most about Led Zeppelin, first place would be their music, is their tastes in opulence.  They had the best tastes in drink, food, hotels, clothing, vehicles, travel (airplanes), females,...and things I just can't mention here.  I caught flack in my younger years, I am on the edge of 54 now, for my tastes in music clashing with my tastes in clothes, food, and drink.  It has always made me feel good knowing the the boys in Zeppelin enjoyed the finer things of life too.

To me, a lot of the metal bands of the '80's, which was my era, were just postering but Zep was the real deal all around!

Zep caused me to experience two things which were both amazing.  Those two things were staying at the Royal Orleans before it was swallowed by the corporate hotel monster and Dom Perignon.  These two things, Dom Perignon and the Royal Orleans, were both life highlights to me and I am so much a richer person for these two experiences.

If I could say two things to Jimmy they would be:

1.  Led Zeppelin has been my favorite band since I was a young man and they always be.

2.  I have long admired your tastes in - EVERYTHING!!!

P.S.

I want the folks here to know that my younger self had enough sense to stop just short of sampling the cocaine and the heroin.

Regarding Jimmy in particular, I just watched a great biopic on Syd Barrett and its pretty amazing how Jimmy modeled his own image after Barrett's. Jimmy started wearing the same style of clothes and adopted the same haircut as Barrett, used the same guitars Barrett was using (Tele & Dan-O), and adopted Barrett's approach to psychedelia. Hell the two even looked very similar.

When it comes to Jimmy, I believe the musicians who influenced him the most were Barrett, Peter Green, and Bert Jansch.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 10:54 AM, BobDobbs said:

Regarding Jimmy in particular, I just watched a great biopic on Syd Barrett and its pretty amazing how Jimmy modeled his own image after Barrett's. Jimmy started wearing the same style of clothes and adopted the same haircut as Barrett, used the same guitars Barrett was using (Tele & Dan-O), and adopted Barrett's approach to psychedelia. Hell the two even looked very similar.

Has he been on the record about that or did you just notice similarities?  I think I read somewhere that he was a Pink Floyd fan.

17 minutes ago, Snickybomb said:

Has he been on the record about that or did you just notice similarities?  I think I read somewhere that he was a Pink Floyd fan.

Yes, pretty much. Page is on record as being a big Syd fan.