The Awesome Foursome - Bootleg LP?

Wish

Hey folks,

Wondering if anyone here has any knowledge of this Earls Court set? I can't seem to find much information about it online aside from two conflicting pieces of information that indicate its a Bootleg of either 75 or 300 copies depending on which you believe.

Does anyone know anything more about its origin or how rare it really is? My father in law gave it to me to add to my collection and had it from his deceased brother, he knows nothing about it other than it was bought in Vancouver in the 80's. It looks as it they've never been played to be honest.

Cheers!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Wish said:

Hey folks,

Wondering if anyone here has any knowledge of this Earls Court set? I can't seem to find much information about it online aside from two conflicting pieces of information that indicate its a Bootleg of either 75 or 300 copies depending on which you believe.

Does anyone know anything more about its origin or how rare it really is? My father in law gave it to me to add to my collection and had it from his deceased brother, he knows nothing about it other than it was bought in Vancouver in the 80's. It looks as it they've never been played to be honest.

Cheers!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Beautiful looking release, I would imagine that there cannot be too many of these about in the condition it looks to be in. Other information on it looks to be very sparse.

quote from Robert Godwin ("The Illustrated Collector's Guide to Led Zeppelin" 3rd ed. 1990)  

This is a very nice package. Each disc is on a different color vinyl. There's also a replica of the original concert program from Earl's Court. The only distinguishing feature of this copy from the original is: the centre picture has the image of four holes punched through near the spine. BYS is not mentioned on the labels. Also available as a picture disc set.

By all means a beautiful artefact from the 80's. I would wager the 'normal' pressing run would be 300 sets, but the picture disc version (yours!) could well be limited to 70 or so...anyway Congratulations.

I also have the picture disc set with replica programme. I'm not aware of limited edition status or how many copies were circulated. There's no numbering anywhere on the set. One of the prizes of my library most definitely. I got mine from Second Coming Records in Cambridge, Mass. Thanks for the post!

Loved second coming records.  Spent so much money there back in the nineties. 

1 hour ago, Zep Hed said:

I also have the picture disc set with replica programme. I'm not aware of limited edition status or how many copies were circulated. There's no numbering anywhere on the set. One of the prizes of my library most definitely. I got mine from Second Coming Records in Cambridge, Mass. Thanks for the post!

From http://www.argenteumastrum.com

THE AWESOME FOURSOME LIVE AT EARL'S COURT
THE WORLD JOKER JMP 9 A-H

Side 1: Rock & Roll (4:05)/Sick Again (5:18)/Over The Hills & Far Away (7:08)/In My Time Of Dying medley incl. You Shook Me (11:42)
Side 2: The Song Remains The Same (5:27)/The Rain Song (8:34)/Kashmir (9:12)
Side 3: No Quarter (25:00)
Side 4: Tangerine (3:12)/Going To California (4:27)/That's The Way (5:57)/Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp (5:25)*
Side 5: Moby Dick (22:48)
Side 6: Dazed & Confused medley (13:20) incl. San Francisco
Side 7: Dazed & Confused (17:53)
Side 8: Stairway To Heaven (11:17)/Whole Lotta Love (6:40)/Out On The Tiles Intro-Black Dog (5:45)
Recording: Good mono audience. Source: Earls Court Exhibition Centre, London, England May 23 '75. Comments: European bootleg. Green and black & white slick on black box. Deluxe label. Four different colors of each vinyl available. Also available as a picture disc set. Includes a replica of the original concert programme. (*)not mentioned on label.

• 2 years later...

Hi. Joker was an italian official label which used to sell records in malls and big shops, very rarely in record shops. This edition was printed in Holland. 75 were picture discs, and 300 hundred were mostly black, with a production in red-black-pink-yellow(four different colors, one per LP).