Can anyone tab this part of No Quarter for me??

AllMyLove

On 6/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, AllMyLove said:

From about 5:16-6:00, that little jam they do sounds so damn good to me. Thanks

Play a Dm chord at fret 5 (Am chord shape). Then leave your first finger barreing all the strings (except the low E) at fret 5 and take away your middle, ring and pinky fingers (a D9sus).  Alternate between these two chords and you've got the backbone of it. 

Occasionally the Dm is a Dm7 (move pinky to fret 8 of the high E string). 

Play a bit with a Dm pentatonic scale at fret 5, and you'll soon find the single note bit (it starts on the D string, fret 5).

Use your ears. It's far better than reading some dodgy Tab. 

On 6/12/2021 at 1:24 PM, woz70 said:

Play a Dm chord at fret 5 (Am chord shape). Then leave your first finger barreing all the strings (except the low E) at fret 5 and take away your middle, ring and pinky fingers (a D9sus).  Alternate between these two chords and you've got the backbone of it. 

Occasionally the Dm is a Dm7 (move pinky to fret 8 of the high E string). 

Play a bit with a Dm pentatonic scale at fret 5, and you'll soon find the single note bit (it starts on the D string, fret 5).

Use your ears. It's far better than reading some dodgy Tab. 

I've really been working on training my ear but have only been playing guitar for 1 1/2 yrs. Thanks for the info tho!

• 4 months later...
On 6/15/2021 at 12:43 PM, AllMyLove said:

I've really been working on training my ear but have only been playing guitar for 1 1/2 yrs. Thanks for the info tho!

OLGA WAS the best guitar tab site until the blood sucking lawyers shut them down. I think that Guitar Tab Universe and Guitartabs.cc are ok.  I do not like Ultimate Guitar tabs and if you google free guitar tabs its the first one that will come up.  .They will try and get your money, are not very accurate.  Some Led Zep, any, are not in standard tuinng. So make sure you know the tuning first.  If you are only a year into playing, I think YouTube has lots to offer.  They have pentatonic and major scales shown to you, and lots of playing techniques.  Once you  have the conventional chords down and the bar chords and you can play them well and change them well, you are ready to go to lead.  Pentatonic scale is a good place to start. Its all about formations and knowing the key you are in.  Good luck