Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
SteveAJones

Jimmy Page's Old Mill House (1990)

He has a sunroom! My houseplants and I are so jealous.... :)

ETA: I believe that's a red geranium flowering in there, along with a spider plant in back of it, a weeping fig (ficus) across from it and a very, very tall dracena (aka "corn plant" - looks like the standard green type) way in the back. I also think I see a kentia palm peeking into the corner of one of the other pictures. (That last one is so wonderfully British - all he needs to complete the scene is an aspidistra ("Cast Iron Plant") somewhere in there, too...

Yeah, I admit it. I'm an indoor gardening geek. :D

Edited by Maddy

hey... this is the reason why i want to be a rockstar!!! hehehe i'm just kidding! well, love the chairs in the dining! B) thanx for posting this!

Great pics and thanks for sharing! Interesting decor, very colorful. Is this the same house that he was selling last year?

Great pics and thanks for sharing! Interesting decor, very colorful. Is this the same house that he was selling last year?

Yes, which is the only reason I've elected to share these now. To have done so while he still owned the property would be inappropriate. He purchased the Old Mill House

from actor Michael Caine for 900,000 English pounds in 1980, and began moving in

that August following the Over Europe tour. Incidentally, John Bonham died there the

following month.

He put the property on the market around 1990, but repurchased it in the 90s. As I

understand it, he has sold the property once again.

Yes, which is the only reason I've elected to share these now. To have done so while he still owned the property would be inappropriate. He purchased the Old Mill House

from actor Michael Caine for 900,000 English pounds in 1980, and began moving in

that August following the Over Europe tour. Incidentally, John Bonham died there the

following month.

He put the property on the market around 1990, but repurchased it in the 90s. As I

Great info, thanks Steve!

Wow, thanks a wonderful looking house. The orange carpet and the mismatched furniture seems so Jimmy. :lol:

Thanks Steve for sharing those with us. Was Jimmy there when those were taken?

Was Jimmy there when those were taken?

Yes, they were taken just before Jimmy put the property up for sale the first time. He repurchased it a few years later. I understand he sold it again within the past year.

Edited by SteveAJones

Yes, they were taken just before Jimmy put the property up for sale the first time. He repurchased it a few years later. I understand he sold it again within the past year.

How did you get him to let you into his house?

How did you get him to let you into his house?

I'm not the original photographer. I'm just here to share them. ;)

following month.

Actually, he bought the house the first time from Michael Caine for £500.000 not £900.000 ( despite what the press reported).

Also, he sold it again a few years ago.....the Old Mill House is NOT the house he sold within the last year.

Actually, he bought the house the first time from Michael Caine for £500.000 not £900.000 ( despite what the press reported).

Also, he sold it again a few years ago.....the Old Mill House is NOT the house he sold within the last year.

Yeah, the one sold last year was quite a large country estate (in Sussex maybe? I didn't pay enough attention at the time) as far as one could tell from what someone posted on the old board when it came on the market.