1969.08.31 Remastered Soundboard

SteveZ98

54 minutes ago, ADK-Zeppy said:

Steve, I listened to it and have to say that this is your best work to date.  Lots of fidelity and separation of instruments.

Thanks. The recording already sounded good before I started working on it, which made it a lot easier to remaster it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just discovered that Steve is doing these remasters and just registered here to comment. I'm always interested in remasters and getting the best possible sounding versions of bootlegs. I'd love to hear this. You might want to make these remasters more easily accessible and increase the circulation by sharing on dime or other torrent trackers.

5 minutes ago, ledwhofloyd said:

I've just discovered that Steve is doing these remasters and just registered here to comment. I'm always interested in remasters and getting the best possible sounding versions of bootlegs. I'd love to hear this. You might want to make these remasters more easily accessible and increase the circulation by sharing on dime or other torrent trackers.

I'll send you a PM with the links. Regarding dime and other torrent trackers, I intentionally skip them so these remasters don't end up on bootlegs. There's obviously nothing stopping EV or any other label from requesting a link from me through this site and releasing them on silvers, but as far as I know that hasn't happened yet. It does limit the audience who gets to hear them, but there are other ways to get them to a mass audience if I decide to broaden their distribution. And to be clear, I don't have anything against bootlegs. I just don't want the band mad at me :)

Steve, forgive me for asking, but is this really May 21st? It seems to be missing Over The Hills And Far Away, Heartbreaker and Rock 'n' Roll. It has In My Time of Dying, and Trampled Underfoot as the last track. The track lists of all my other copies of May 21st do have the missing tracks and do not have IMTOD or TUF. The problem is that there's no info.txt file Steve so I can see what date this particular tracklist is from. Can you clarify please? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Jukkin said:

Steve, forgive me for asking, but is this really May 21st? It seems to be missing Over The Hills And Far Away, Heartbreaker and Rock 'n' Roll. It has In My Time of Dying, and Trampled Underfoot as the last track. The track lists of all my other copies of May 21st do have the missing tracks and do not have IMTOD or TUF. The problem is that there's no info.txt file Steve so I can see what date this particular tracklist is from. Can you clarify please? Thanks.

I did both the 5/21 and 5/22 shows. Perhaps I sent you the wrong link. I'll PM you the ones for both shows, along with the 8/31/69 link you requested.

53 minutes ago, SteveZ98 said:

I did both the 5/21 and 5/22 shows. Perhaps I sent you the wrong link. I'll PM you the ones for both shows, along with the 8/31/69 link you requested.

Thanks Steve, very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, gcczep said:

Hello Steve. I hope your house is coming along nicely. You did a really nice job on Earls Court 1975 show to turn it into a stereo like recording. Have you thought about working on one of the Knebworths?

Thanks. There's still a bunch of stuff to do on the house, but we're making progress. I did a very quick test on the first Knebworth show. It came out good enough that it's worth putting more effort into, although I'm not sure when I'll have time to work on it.

• 6 months later...