Led Zeppelin's Aircraft: The Only Way to Fly!

SteveAJones

so steve, did zep have more than one plane?

Peter Grant leased The Starship for the bulk of the 1973 North American tour

as well as the 1975 North American tour. He leased Ceasar's Chariot for the

1977 tour. When Jimmy toured with Paul Rodgers in The Firm they flew in a

Viscount jet.

The Allman Brothers also leased The Starship, they simply put their name

where Led Zeppelin's once was.

I remember reading somewhere (can't think where, so I can't say if it was a reliable source or not) that Caesar's Chariot crashed in the mid-80's.

On a related note, at the end of the Adam Sandler movie "Little Nicky" there's a bit about two of the movie's characters meeting their maker when they buy Led Zeppelin's old touring plane, stock it with girls and liquor and take off - only to remember, too late, that they didn't remember to get a pilot, too... :lol:

They died happy, though...

Would love to see that old black and white newsreel clip that was posted on youtube...the one where they actually film inside 'Starship' with Jonesy belting out a tune on the joanna.

I tried to search for it on youtube, but couldn't find it. Does anyone here have it or could post a link?

Cheers

Pilot

Would love to see that old black and white newsreel clip that was posted on youtube...the one where they actually film inside 'Starship' with Jonesy belting out a tune on the joanna.

I tried to search for it on youtube, but couldn't find it. Does anyone here have it or could post a link?

Cheers

Pilot

Unfortunately, a not very clear b&w newsreel clip, 1973. I'd love to see a clearer version of this and of the still photos that Otto posted.

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/M...t=LZRecords.flv

Archived