Jump to content

I'm new here.


Brad Horner
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm 55 years old from the Midwest. 

Like the rest of you here, I'm sure, music is just a HUGE part of my identity. Inward and outward. 

I was married for 31 years and the ex hit me out of left field with a divorce. REALLY took my legs out. Not expected. Hit hard. 

Moved out to an apartment, Alone for the first time in 3 decades. It was really tough. Then a couple months later, my 24 year old son was killed. 

I got over that ol' divorce thing instantly. 

My Son was an extraordinary musician. I taught him how to drum when he was around 10 and then he really took it from there. Learning virtually every instrument he could get his hands on. And played them WELL.

We used to sit up together...late. Listening man. Listening to lots of stuff. We both had a wide, eclectic range of tastes. But, we would always come back to the Zep. I still listen and its a salve to my soul.

Its been one year.

I  miss you Son... And I love you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brad, that is a tragic story and I’m so sorry for your loss. I have two boys - they are 10 and 8. I just cannot imagine....

Anyhow, welcome to the forum 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Brad Horner said:

I'm 55 years old from the Midwest. 

Like the rest of you here, I'm sure, music is just a HUGE part of my identity. Inward and outward. 

I was married for 31 years and the ex hit me out of left field with a divorce. REALLY took my legs out. Not expected. Hit hard. 

Moved out to an apartment, Alone for the first time in 3 decades. It was really tough. Then a couple months later, my 24 year old son was killed. 

I got over that ol' divorce thing instantly. 

My Son was an extraordinary musician. I taught him how to drum when he was around 10 and then he really took it from there. Learning virtually every instrument he could get his hands on. And played them WELL.

We used to sit up together...late. Listening man. Listening to lots of stuff. We both had a wide, eclectic range of tastes. But, we would always come back to the Zep. I still listen and its a salve to my soul.

Its been one year.

I  miss you Son... And I love you.

Hey Brad I can't pretend to know everything you have been through and I am so sorry to hear about your son. Let the music you shared continue to keep you together. 

Thanks for sharing. Love and respect to you from Montreal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cannot speak to your pain Brad. All I can say is from my experience, music and especially Led Zeppelin is a great help in the healing process. Best of luck to you in your process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Strider said:

I cannot speak to your pain Brad. All I can say is from my experience, music and especially Led Zeppelin is a great help in the healing process. Best of luck to you in your process.

I appreciate it.

One listen to 'That's The Way" has more medicine in it than about half the Rx aisle at the local Walgreeens...LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, pageluvva said:

Hey Brad I can't pretend to know everything you have been through and I am so sorry to hear about your son. Let the music you shared continue to keep you together. 

Thanks for sharing. Love and respect to you from Montreal. 

Many thanks to my Northern Neighbor.

Geez, you Canucks have sent us Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Gordon Lightfoot, Bruce Cockburn, Shania Twain, Rush...I mean on and on.

But, yeah, I sincerely appreciate the kind words.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Brad, that is a tragic story and I’m so sorry for your loss. I have two boys - they are 10 and 8. I just cannot imagine....

Anyhow, welcome to the forum 

 

Thank you very much. Sincerely appreciate the kind words.

I see you're from Australia. We're quite a ways from each other and yet Zep had touched our souls together.

Magic, man. Magic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Brad Horner said:

Thank you very much. Sincerely appreciate the kind words.

I see you're from Australia. We're quite a ways from each other and yet Zep had touched our souls together.

Magic, man. Magic.

Yeah for sure. I finally started learning the guitar 4 years ago as a 42 year old. The acoustic tracks in Zep 3 were my inspiration. 
 

I may be in Australia, but I’m from Liverpool in England. Came here 20 years ago as a backpacker. Met an Aussie girl, and that was that. That girl is now my wife and we have two Aussie kids. 
 

Have a good day mate. 
 

Neil 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 9:49 PM, Brad Horner said:

Many thanks to my Northern Neighbor.

Geez, you Canucks have sent us Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Gordon Lightfoot, Bruce Cockburn, Shania Twain, Rush...I mean on and on.

But, yeah, I sincerely appreciate the kind words.

Ha ha, not often do you hear Shania Twain mentioned in that company but I will proudly admit that my wife and I often sing her tunes at the top of our lungs. It is great, fun, car-trip music. Sometimes you gotta get silly. 

I leave you with some lyrics by my all time fave Cohen song;

Now I bid you farewell, I don't know when I'll be back
They're moving us tomorrow to that tower down the track
But you'll be hearing from me baby, long after I'm gone
I'll be speaking to you sweetly from a window in the Tower of Song..................

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 3:18 AM, Brad Horner said:

I'm 55 years old from the Midwest. 

Like the rest of you here, I'm sure, music is just a HUGE part of my identity. Inward and outward. 

I was married for 31 years and the ex hit me out of left field with a divorce. REALLY took my legs out. Not expected. Hit hard. 

Moved out to an apartment, Alone for the first time in 3 decades. It was really tough. Then a couple months later, my 24 year old son was killed. 

I got over that ol' divorce thing instantly. 

My Son was an extraordinary musician. I taught him how to drum when he was around 10 and then he really took it from there. Learning virtually every instrument he could get his hands on. And played them WELL.

We used to sit up together...late. Listening man. Listening to lots of stuff. We both had a wide, eclectic range of tastes. But, we would always come back to the Zep. I still listen and its a salve to my soul.

Its been one year.

I  miss you Son... And I love you.

im sorry for your loss may he play with bonzo in heaven!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 6/25/2021 at 1:18 AM, Brad Horner said:

I'm 55 years old from the Midwest. 

Like the rest of you here, I'm sure, music is just a HUGE part of my identity. Inward and outward. 

I was married for 31 years and the ex hit me out of left field with a divorce. REALLY took my legs out. Not expected. Hit hard. 

Moved out to an apartment, Alone for the first time in 3 decades. It was really tough. Then a couple months later, my 24 year old son was killed. 

I got over that ol' divorce thing instantly. 

My Son was an extraordinary musician. I taught him how to drum when he was around 10 and then he really took it from there. Learning virtually every instrument he could get his hands on. And played them WELL.

We used to sit up together...late. Listening man. Listening to lots of stuff. We both had a wide, eclectic range of tastes. But, we would always come back to the Zep. I still listen and its a salve to my soul.

Its been one year.

I  miss you Son... And I love you.

Good evening Brad. Just came upon your post and it really moved me. You must be a very strong person, and it took a lot of courage to put yourself out there like that. Bless you Sir. You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. 
 

I hope you have a great night, and I hope you continue to stay strong and continue to share your thoughts with us. Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2021 at 1:55 AM, Strider said:

I cannot speak to your pain Brad. All I can say is from my experience, music and especially Led Zeppelin is a great help in the healing process. Best of luck to you in your process.

+1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...