Thank You - BBC HOLY!!!!!!!!

pageluvva

I always tell myself that I could not possibly love Zeppelin more than I do, and yesterday I sat outside on a hot Montreal summer night with my new high-end headphones and was listening to the BBC recordings and Thank You came on. 

It blew me away. It is so powerful and so beautiful and Bonham is on fire! And the solo is classic Page. Then everything stops and Plant comes back in.........And so today, my world it smiles. 

And the tasty tasty interplay between Page and Jones at the end is wonderful

Among 1000 other moments this is Zep at their finest. What a song. What a version and what a recording. 

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

It's a really great version, I agree, but it feels a bit abbreviated, maybe they had time constraints from the BBC?  Generally speaking I'd favor most of the brilliant versions from the US and Japan over this one.

Yep, I agree. Looking forward to the rest of that soundboard coming out for 29/9/71

On 7/2/2021 at 8:54 AM, pageluvva said:

I always tell myself that I could not possibly love Zeppelin more than I do, and yesterday I sat outside on a hot Montreal summer night with my new high-end headphones and was listening to the BBC recordings and Thank You came on. 

It blew me away. It is so powerful and so beautiful and Bonham is on fire! And the solo is classic Page. Then everything stops and Plant comes back in.........And so today, my world it smiles. 

And the tasty tasty interplay between Page and Jones at the end is wonderful

Among 1000 other moments this is Zep at their finest. What a song. What a version and what a recording. 

Very well said.  For a more over the top/rawer version go to Orlando 8-31-71.  Not as good a recording but it is something else.

On 7/4/2021 at 7:05 AM, John M said:

Very well said.  For a more over the top/rawer version go to Orlando 8-31-71.  Not as good a recording but it is something else.

I have no idea why this font is happening but I love it................................... I juts listened to a bootleg called "Orlando Magic Florida Sunshine" and oh my friend you are so right, that is a killer version. The band and solo are so intense that it is almost a relief when it stops and Plant comes back in.  And the intro Organ part isdso amazing. Nice call on this one, thanks. 

54 minutes ago, pageluvva said:

I have no idea why this font is happening but I love it................................... I juts listened to a bootleg called "Orlando Magic Florida Sunshine" and oh my friend you are so right, that is a killer version. The band and solo are so intense that it is almost a relief when it stops and Plant comes back in.  And the intro Organ part isdso amazing. Nice call on this one, thanks. 

Glad you liked it.  Have you listened to WLL from that show yet?  It has a great improvised introduction, and some keyboards during the theramin section - rather unusual.

On 7/5/2021 at 9:25 AM, John M said:

Glad you liked it.  Have you listened to WLL from that show yet?  It has a great improvised introduction, and some keyboards during the theramin section - rather unusual.

I have it playing as I write and it is a killer version! The intro is a great jam. Plant's voice is amazing. And how, like you said, JPJ decided to jump in during the theremin thing. That has to be one of the great live version of that tune. Many thanks.