Jump to content

Your fave Reissues outtakes?


Recommended Posts

I been loving my new Sennheiser headphones (no it is not an ad I just love them!) so I’ve been sitting outside and listening to Zeppelin. I am going through all the outtakes Page released on all the reissues. There are so many gems.

2 tracks truly blow me away;

Brandy & Coke (Trampled Underfoot Initial Rough Mix). The 2 vocal tracks so clear and just stunning!!!! Especially with headphones. The “Oooooooo Yeah”s are gold! 

Everybody Makes it Through (In The Light Early Version).  It doesn’t hurt that In The Light is my all time fave Zep tune but this outtake is a musical gem.

Sunshine, brings laughter…………

(While I am on this it sounds like he then sings “Rain clouds, brings a dance”. Anyone else here this?)

Just wondering out of all the outtakes Page released which ones rock ya?

If ,sadly, Page releases nothing else I am so happy he included all these amazing outtakes.

Cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, just starting an account 

Anyway, Hello all

Starting off with each reissue:

LZ1

1) Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown (live)

2) You Shook Me (live) 

LZ 2 

1) Thank You (instrumental) 

2) Livin' Lovin' Maid (instrumental)

3) Thank You (instrumental) 

4) Moby Dick (edited) 

LZ 4 

1) The Battle Of Evermore (instrumental) 

2) Going To California (instrumental) 

More ro cone... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

La La.  So many textures, and Page's guitar tones and phrasing are out of this world.   

A close second would be 10 Ribs and All.  So unexpected and so ethereal. 

Edited by John M
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, John M said:

La La.  So many textures, and Page's guitar tones and phrasng are out of this world.   

A close second would be 10 Ribs and All.  So unexpected and so ethereal. 

Damn, 2 amazing choices (that I just relistened to). Both a huge glimpse into how a song is built. La La so damn groovy and a nice solo in it. 10 Ribs has some heavy handed Bonham playing ( and I mean that in a good way) and some sweet acoustic guitar playing. And of course JPJ playing so beautifully. 

Great stuff John. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Aurelius said:

Sorry, just starting an account 

Anyway, Hello all

Starting off with each reissue:

LZ1

1) Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown (live)

2) You Shook Me (live) 

LZ 2 

1) Thank You (instrumental) 

2) Livin' Lovin' Maid (instrumental)

3) Thank You (instrumental) 

4) Moby Dick (edited) 

LZ 4 

1) The Battle Of Evermore (instrumental) 

2) Going To California (instrumental) 

More ro cone... 

I love all this instrumental takes as well. Thank You is an especially sweet one. Nice choices

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also to add as I was in travel

 

LZ 3

1) Immigrant Song (alternate mix) 

2) Friends (instrumental) 

3) That's The Way (alternate take)

4) Key To The Highway

House Of The Holy

Every single song

Physical Graffiti

Everybody Makes it Through

Presence 

1) Achilles Last Stand (alternate mix)

2) For Your Life (alternate mix) 

3) Royal Orleans (alternate vocal) 

4) 10 Ribs

ITTOD

1) In The Evening (alternate mix)

2) The Epic (alternate mix)

Coda

1) We're Gonna Groove (alternate mix) 

2) Poor Tom (instrumental) 

3) If It Keeps On Raining

4) Bonzo's Montreaux (alternate mix)

5) Desire (alternate mix)

6) Bring It On Home (alternate take)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aurelius said:

Also to add as I was in travel

 

LZ 3

1) Immigrant Song (alternate mix) 

2) Friends (instrumental) 

3) That's The Way (alternate take)

4) Key To The Highway

House Of The Holy

Every single song

Physical Graffiti

Everybody Makes it Through

Presence 

1) Achilles Last Stand (alternate mix)

2) For Your Life (alternate mix) 

3) Royal Orleans (alternate vocal) 

4) 10 Ribs

ITTOD

1) In The Evening (alternate mix)

2) The Epic (alternate mix)

Coda

1) We're Gonna Groove (alternate mix) 

2) Poor Tom (instrumental) 

3) If It Keeps On Raining

4) Bonzo's Montreaux (alternate mix)

5) Desire (alternate mix)

6) Bring It On Home (alternate take)

All great and the bass work in If It Keeps On Raining is the star of this arrangement, just really good bass-work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder - if I had not been listening to Jennings Farm Blues all those years on the bootleg, would it have been my favorite of the outtakes on the re-issues?  Maybe.  It is amazing, but by the time  the reissues came out, I had been hearing it for years, so perhaps it did not have as much impact as the things I had never heard before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

All great and the bass work in If It Keeps On Raining is the star of this arrangement, just really good bass-work.

Have it playing as I write and you are bang on. . And love the melody Plant chooses on this one as well. And Bonham makes it a shuffle. Wonderful stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pageluvva said:

Have it playing as I write and you are bang on. . And love the melody Plant chooses on this one as well. And Bonham makes it a shuffle. Wonderful stuff. 

I always thought this arrangement would have worked really well live in the acoustic set

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I always thought this arrangement would have worked really well live in the acoustic set

I like the way you think. That acoustic set could have been way more adventurous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...