Donating official release collection

My health is deteriorating and I have been thinking about donating my collection of official releases. Mostly it is CDs and box sets of Floyd and Zeppelin that were bought sealed and only touched with gloves. These were my prized possessions. Most are long out of print. I have spent years trying to obtain several copies of official releases from USA, Japan, and EU.

I would like these to be sent to the UK and stay in the UK. Is there a way to create some kind of small museum or something? I was wondering if there would be a way to donate these to the official archives of the bands. I know it might not mean much to some people, but these items meant a lot to me.

On 7/17/2021 at 4:59 AM, mrledhed said:

My health is deteriorating and I have been thinking about donating my collection of official releases. Mostly it is CDs and box sets of Floyd and Zeppelin that were bought sealed and only touched with gloves. These were my prized possessions. Most are long out of print. I have spent years trying to obtain several copies of official releases from USA, Japan, and EU.

I would like these to be sent to the UK and stay in the UK. Is there a way to create some kind of small museum or something? I was wondering if there would be a way to donate these to the official archives of the bands. I know it might not mean much to some people, but these items meant a lot to me.

mrledhead, I'm saddened to hear of your health concerns and hope you will have compassionate care available to you as necessary. It could be you will find a private collector prepared to continue the curatorship of the collection. I can't think of any museums as such where these would be a good fit, and if donated to a public library they'd undoubtedly be mishandled by the general public. If you do decide to sell them, I'd like to recommend the services of well-known, well-established Led Zeppelin enthusiast Rick Barrett of Houston, TX who continues battling his own health concerns:

Rick Barrett Collectibles - Home | Facebook 

Marty Willson-Piper, formerly guitarist with the church, has something called the In Deep Music Archive. He's currently in the process of moving it from Penzance in Cornwall to Porto in Portugal, but might well be interested and it would keep your collection together. I really would give him a go - Marty's a brilliant bloke and an absolute record fiend and he'd ensure your collection was looked after properly, too. 
This is the Archive website, but he's also easily contacted via Facebook (he does respond).

https://www.indeepmusicarchive.net/