Saving Grace with Robert Plant

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

First date of the tour kicks off tonight in Slovenia, will be interesting to see what's played! 

I received a download of the new single, As I Roved Out as I'd bought tickets to the upcoming UK tour, far rockier than I was expecting (heavier than the stuff with Alison and the Band of Joy) and much more similar to the Strange Sensation stuff. Liked it a lot and looking forward to the album! 

Sounds amazing! Wasn't expecting The Rain Song and indeed any LZ stuff given Saving Grace has been a Zeppelin free zone thus far. Super excited about the UK tour. This is the most sonically exciting Americana project Robert's done I feel as there's an experimental feel to the arrangements. Very NQ Unledded in vibe. Bring on the album! 

Edited by LesPaulPlayer

On 8/25/2023 at 7:20 AM, LesPaulPlayer said:

Sounds amazing! Wasn't expecting The Rain Song and indeed any LZ stuff given Saving Grace has been a Zeppelin free zone thus far. Super excited about the UK tour. This is the most sonically exciting Americana project Robert's done I feel as there's an experimental feel to the arrangements. Very NQ Unledded in vibe. Bring on the album! 

You are getting me excited about the album!

• 2 months later...

In typical Robert Plant fashion, he managed to make his announcement of the end of Saving Grace sound slightly ambiguous.  He twice seemed to say very clearly that it was their last ever show, but then immediately said that they would like to play the same venue again someday.  But Suzi had to pause her band introductions because she said she was too emotional to speak - which seems like more of a 'last show ever' thing than a 'last show of the tour' thing.