Reliable valuation of LZ 1-5 signed by all band members.

My friend owns these items and asked me to look at getting them valued for insurance reasons, as they were an inheritance from a parent, so sentimental value is very high as well. 

I will try to upload pics for those who would like to see them. Sorry they won't be for sale at all. If you could help with who might be good to approach or particular websites, please? :) 

Mike.

3 hours ago, Blues Collusion said:

My friend owns these items and asked me to look at getting them valued for insurance reasons, as they were an inheritance from a parent, so sentimental value is very high as well. 

I will try to upload pics for those who would like to see them. Sorry they won't be for sale at all. If you could help with who might be good to approach or particular websites, please? :) 

Mike.

Just an FYI, and this is very important, all four signatures must be on the same side for display purposes. If even one signature is on the opposite side as the others the value goes down exponentially.

Good luck

Thank you for your comments - yes they are all on one side of each - really interesting back story.

R Plant's auntie was my pal's nan's flower girl!  My friend's father was a jeweller in the Black Country and there is some connection to do with buying a watch or getting a repair done I will check. 

Whenever RP could and was in the area he would pop by to see my friend's dad, hence this treasure chest of items. 

At the time (he dates it as mid 75 according to the album releases and what his dad said)  it was considered just a lovely kind gesture, but over time they became highly valuable, we imagine. 

Edited by Blues Collusion
updating the back story.

19 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Looking at roughly $10,000+ each.

Agreed.

18 hours ago, Blues Collusion said:

Thank you Sam, Webmaster! Do you know where we could go for COA?

That's great. I ll let my friend know. And ask him to buy the beers next time we go out... ;) 

You said COA, but I think you mean an autograph authentication service that may or may not include a COA. I recommend and prefer PSA but there are many others: Autograph Authentication (psacard.com)

To properly document the history of the ownership of the items (and maximize potential earnings if/when selling them) I recommend a Letter of Provenance signed by the principals involved (or associates if deceased). I usually go one step further and have these notarized by the appropriate notary public (ideally within the vicinity of where the items originated).