‘Becoming Led Zeppelin’ - World Premiere at The 78th Venice Film Festival in September 2021.

sam_webmaster

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

They chose Silent Supershow '69 footage to promote the world premiere? I was hoping for mud shark outtakes but this understated approach is fine.

Good one Steve with a mash clip of "Almost Famous" at the CHH in LA interpolated with this and a scene about Zep like Golden God!

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

They chose Silent Supershow '69 footage to promote the world premiere? I was hoping for mud shark outtakes but this understated approach is fine.

I think it was only Bonzo who witnessed this at the Edgewater in Seattle. Kind of difficult to ask him. Jonesy would be next as he was in the adjoining room from what I've read about this fun for the roadies as the band wasn't involved with it. At least that's the legend about this. Who knows!

4 hours ago, SuperDave said:

I think it was only Bonzo who witnessed this at the Edgewater in Seattle. Kind of difficult to ask him. Jonesy would be next as he was in the adjoining room from what I've read about this fun for the roadies as the band wasn't involved with it. At least that's the legend about this. Who knows!

If memory serves correct, Carmine Appice witnessed and has discussed it. 

DRUMMER CARMINE APPICE RECOUNTS THE INFAMOUS LED ZEPPELIN MUD SHARK INCIDENT | Eddie Trunk

Edited by SteveAJones

On 8/11/2021 at 2:21 AM, SteveAJones said:

If memory serves correct, Carmine Appice witnessed and has discussed it. 

DRUMMER CARMINE APPICE RECOUNTS THE INFAMOUS LED ZEPPELIN MUD SHARK INCIDENT | Eddie Trunk

Thanks Steve. Very interesting. I had thought there may have been others who witnessed this. Great details as always. Doing your homework! Much obliged!

• Administrators

Tickets to the World Premiere screenings of Becoming Led Zeppelin at the Venice Film Festival will go on sale today, Wednesday, August 18 at 3pm CEST.

Click here to purchase tickets.

https://www.labiennale.org/en/cinema/2021/out-competition/becoming-led-zeppelin

2 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Tickets to the World Premiere screenings of Becoming Led Zeppelin at the Venice Film Festival will go on sale today, Wednesday, August 18 at 3pm CEST.

Click here to purchase tickets.

https://www.labiennale.org/en/cinema/2021/out-competition/becoming-led-zeppelin

WOW! Wish I could go to Italy.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a tiny clip released here, looks like from same intro portion released by official LZ site/socials a few weeks ago. The clip from Supershow does look better than ever. Have to click on the link to see the clip. Wasn't able to post it directly.

https://deadline.com/video/becoming-led-zeppelin-watch-the-first-clip-from-new-rock-doc-about-iconic-brit-band-venice-film-festival/

Becoming-Led-Zeppelin1.jpg.83394c5fa9c879ca490fb445d2f980d5.jpg

‘Becoming Led Zeppelin’: Watch The First Clip From New Rock Doc About Iconic Brit Band
Venice Film Festival

Andreas Wiseman | International Editor
September 4, 2021 

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s your first clip for anticipated rockumentary Becoming Led Zeppeling, which is debuting today at the Venice Film Festival.

Directed by Bernard MacMahon (American Epic) and co-written and produced by Allison McGourty, the film chronicles band members Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and the late John Bonham.

The movie will reveal the individual journeys of the four members of the band as they move through the music scene of the 1960s, playing small clubs throughout Britain and performing some of the biggest hits of the era, until their meeting in the summer of 1968 for a rehearsal that changes their lives forever. Their four journeys merge into one as they set out to conquer America on a rollercoaster ride that culminates in 1970 when they become the No. 1 band in the world.

The iconic group is best known for anthemic rock tracks including Good Times Bad Times, Whole Lotta Love, Immigrant Song and Stairway To Heaven.

Producers of the movie say it is the first time the surviving band members have participated in a documentary in 50 years. Altitude Film Sales and Submarine Entertainment are co-repping sales.

MacMahon said of the film: “With Becoming Led Zeppelin my goal was to make a documentary that looks and feels like a musical. I wanted to weave together the four diverse stories of the band members before and after they formed their group with large sections of their story advanced using only music and imagery and to contextualize the music with the locations where it was created and the world events that inspired it. I used only original prints and negatives, with over 70,000 frames of footage manually restored, and devised fantasia sequences, inspired by Singin’ In The Rain, layering unseen performance footage with montages of posters, tickets and travel to create a visual sense of the freneticism of their early career.”

MacMahon’s debut film, American Epic, won the Audience Award at the Sydney International Film Festival and his musical The American Epic Sessions won both the Audience Award and Discovery Award at the Calgary International Film Festival and a Grammy.

kccm537g-120.jpg

Press Conference today

Google translated --

At 12.00: Press conference of the film "BECOMING LED ZEPPELIN" Will be present: Bernard MacMahon (director), Allison McGourty (writer), Jimmy Page.

jp1.thumb.jpg.9ed66da0c8096e7edb3261a02766bd83.jpg

jp1.jpg

Edited by zeplz71

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

McGourty now wants to pursue a feature film based on the band.

I thought this was interesting when I read that part of the Associated Press report but that's not actually what she said in the press conference.

"It is an unusual way of making a documentary but it’s more like a feature film way of making documentaries and that’s probably what we would like to do next after this, would be a feature," is what Allison actually said. She didn't say she wanted to make a feature film about Led Zeppelin, just that her and Bernard would like to make a feature film next.

I've published a full transcript of the press conference here: https://ledzepnews.com/2021/09/04/read-in-full-the-becoming-led-zeppelin-press-conference-in-venice/