Terry Reid?

Jukkin

All the talk about the 20 date tour after 2007 that never was due to a certain member nixing it. I know that Jimmy and JPJ had been auditioning vocalists but never really found the right person. Would be ironic if Terry Reid had a chance. Except for Mickie Most, Terry would probably have been Zeppelin's front man. He's still going strong and if Jimmy and JPJ felt they still had some mileage in them then they could do worse than do something with Reid. Not as Zeppelin of course but would be great to hear new music from the chaps as well as maybe seeing them live. I think Jimmy wants to get out there but he needs close friends around him, he could do a lot worse than Jason, JPJ and Terry Reid.

This may already be discussed to death so sue me. 😁

13 hours ago, Jukkin said:

All the talk about the 20 date tour after 2007 that never was due to a certain member nixing it. I know that Jimmy and JPJ had been auditioning vocalists but never really found the right person. Would be ironic if Terry Reid had a chance. Except for Mickie Most, Terry would probably have been Zeppelin's front man. He's still going strong and if Jimmy and JPJ felt they still had some mileage in them then they could do worse than do something with Reid. Not as Zeppelin of course but would be great to hear new music from the chaps as well as maybe seeing them live. I think Jimmy wants to get out there but he needs close friends around him, he could do a lot worse than Jason, JPJ and Terry Reid.

This may already be discussed to death so sue me. 😁

There was no Led Zeppelin tour planned, so the vocalists were auditioning to perform with Page, Jones & Jason. Terry Reid would have been a fine chose, and in my opinion a better choice than some of those who did audition.

Kelly Hanson would have been a great choice but perhaps unavailable on account of contractual obligations. 

Edited by SteveAJones

My understanding was that Terry had just signed a contract with Mickie Most that he couldn't get out of which is why he recommended Percy. Personally I think he might have been strongly tempted if he was free - being in a band with Jimmy page would have been hard to turn down. Love Percy and all that he's given us, I'm just suggesting that it would kind of close the circle if Terry were to become the front man at last. I can dream. 🤘

Reid is, and always has been an odd duck. Extremely talented but the guy has willingly and purposefully sabotaged his career several times as he really does not want to be famous. He loves performing and writing but for some reason fame is just not his thing.

• 1 year later...