with a 'WORD' she can get...." - what's the word?

feather in the wind

hey gang, here's a tough one. as the title says, what does the 'lady' say at the top of the stairway to heaven when she gets there?

"with a WORD she can get what she came for" - what's the 'word'.

now, a little background:

-the woman is of the masonic faith, i believe (hence page crowley)

-the mason goes through 'degrees' (stairs) to obtain 'master-mason' status. a jacob's ladder of sorts or a 'stairway to heaven'.

-with three major steps (stairs) being FAITH HOPE ansd CHARITY, many steps (stairs) between which represent the pleasures of life that are good and evil)

-Aleister Crowley suffered hardship for revealing this 'secret word' (aleister was a master mason)

-when the masonics found out Aleister reveled secrets, they asked him to join, he took the faith over from there, bringing satan in deeper.

-the masons believe that 'do what thou wilt',- be good, enjoy life's comforts (evil or good) and do no harm and you will be allowed thru the gates, BUT the 'secret word' needs to be said when she gets there.

-For the Mason and their many secretive allies, their god is not an evil god at all. They have redefined good and evil for their own benefit. To them, it is the Judeo-Christian God who is evil because he would keep men from earthly pleasures in exchange for a distant, heavenly reward. Satan, on the other hand, grants all manner of earthly pleasures to his followers. The Masons, like other secret societies however, pay insufficient attention to the real “reward” that awaits them upon their death. (unless they know the scret word which is in the manual of rites.

my friend who has a masters in philosophy, says she knows thew word.

she found the word in a library museum archives, in an old mason's manual.

i asked her what the word is, she said aleister would have told me, but he suffered eniough for revealing the mason's secrets. and she in convinced that hardship MAY come her way if she tells me. so now i have been on a major hunt, with just more questions.

the song is much more evolved than we think. page was into the black magick, fascinated by aleister crowley, lived at boleskin house (NOT thelema). so this song isn't just about a girl who takes drugs, it's MUCH more involved.

the word is a 'secret word' of the masonic faith. so go from there.

i doubt i'll find the word, unless i find that mason's manual.

k, feedback appreciated. thanks

rob

I think Plant wrote the lyrics (mostly I assume) for this song, and probably didn't have much input from Page inputting his beliefs to Percy's lyrics. I think it is pretty much straight-forward as the old expression "with a word" is--which Plant might have heard used from an older generation of his; meaning that the lady has a REPUTATION that she gets what she wants, and LETS EVERYBODY KNOW. I've seen old cowboy Western movies use this phrase about a gunslinger coming into town. My guess is your looking too deep into this line. But that's just my opinion.

Idunn: really? "bird". i have some more info to research, my friend gave me a link to sacred texts, she says the word is in the site she pointed me to. 'bird' means 'lady' in some regions/countries, hmmm.

i MAY be looking too depp, but i think this song has a VERY DEEP meaning, not just what is on the surface, but underneath that surface. and i also i understand that robert never wrote a word of the song (maybe becuz his pencil was taken over by a force).

i do wish my friend would sign up here and share her knowledge.

i'll keep u posted gang. i am almost there.

Idunn: where did u get this info from?

rob

I think Plant wrote the lyrics (mostly I assume) for this song, and probably didn't have much input from Page inputting his beliefs to Percy's lyrics. I think it is pretty much straight-forward as the old expression "with a word" is--which Plant might have heard used from an older generation of his; meaning that the lady has a REPUTATION that she gets what she wants, and LETS EVERYBODY KNOW. I've seen old cowboy Western movies use this phrase about a gunslinger coming into town. My guess is your looking too deep into this line. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I also think it's about hids lady who gets what she wants and I don't Plant ment the 'word' but 'with a word'. Also this phrase 'there walks a lady we all know who shines white lights and wants to show' about the lady who gets everything.

k, i found the word, BUT i need to make sure this is the word, i will research some more.

i have to find out what this word means. again, it relates to the masonic religion.

she (my zep head friend) sent me a link to a book online, a very old book. at the end of this book it says to destroy it and not repeat it or perils will fall upon that individual.

(to each his own, but i haven't repeated the word (verbally) to anyone and i don't think i will.

so take it how u will, i will post more when i find more concrete evidence.

so far, it all makes sense now, slowly.

rob

Idunn: really? "bird".

No, I was kidding. There's a famous song by a band called the Trashmen called Surfin' Bird. The lyrics go thus:

B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

:D

Idunn: really? "bird".

No, I was kidding. There's a famous song by a band called the Trashmen called Surfin' Bird. The lyrics go thus:

B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

:D

GREAT SONG!!!

"Buh-buh-buh-b-b-b-ma-ma-ya-ya! B-b-bird bird bird, bird is the word ..."

I didn't catch that, either, when you first posted it.

I was going to say Gil Scott-Heron has already written a song about this conundrum, in "Johannesburg":

What's the word'

Tell me brother, have you heard

from Johannesburg'

What's the word'

Sister/woman have you heard

from Johannesburg'

They tell me that our brothers over there

are defyin' the Man

We don't know for sure because the news we

get is unreliable, man

k, i have a copy (digital) of 'the book of law". makes reference to gold, silver birds and much more, it's hard to understand, (in the way it is written) but this is from where the song manifested itself.

the book always refers to 'she' never 'he'. another 'clue'.

scary book, says at the end that he who reads it must destroy it. (ya, whatever, if u believe in that stuff, stay solid and it's just entertainment)

yes, i am going too deep, but the two paths are chritianity or masonic religions.

very deep stuff. the girl's name is Nuit, the god of thelema.

quote: "It should be evident that Nuit obtains the satisfaction of Her Nature when the parts of Her Body fulfill their own Nature. The sacrament of life is not only so from the point of view of the celebrants, but from that of the divinity invoked."

k, i'm not going to persue this any further, i have found the word. it relates to the o.t.o. and thelema.

we should drop the subject now. feel free to google thelema, nuit, masonic, o.t.o., crowley and so forth. it'll take u to many odd paces.

rob

My feeling (opinion only) has always been : with a 'word' means the lady always got whatever she wanted, by the snap of her finger or just by demanding it.

Word = Command.

Yes, I'd pretty much agree with this, for what my opinion's worth.Seems to be a description of the behaviour of a woman who's used to getting exactly what she wants with very little effort. That said, it's a long while since I gave the words of this particular song much thought at all.Rock lyrics, eh? Gotta be a deep and mysterious hidden meaning in there every time!

Maybe you'll get the answer you are searching for if Robert ever writes his own, official autobiography and puts to rest all the inuendos and mysteries of STH.

I suppose the lyrics "And if you listen very hard, the tune will come to you at last" give credence to the backmasking satanic messages that are supposed to be there. :blink:

Way too much analyzing for me.

GREAT SONG!!!

"Buh-buh-buh-b-b-b-ma-ma-ya-ya! B-b-bird bird bird, bird is the word ..."

I didn't catch that, either, when you first posted it.

I was going to say Gil Scott-Heron has already written a song about this conundrum, in "Johannesburg":

What's the word'

Tell me brother, have you heard

from Johannesburg'

What's the word'

Sister/woman have you heard

from Johannesburg'

They tell me that our brothers over there

are defyin' the Man

We don't know for sure because the news we

get is unreliable, man

Did Jimmy tell you to post that??!! Is he trying to tell us something??!! What does it all mean??!! ;)

Archived