Does anyone have Robert Plant on Rockline from 1983?

1 hour ago, sam_webmaster said:

I tried buying one, but their digital downloads don't seem to be working for me.  I probably have this Rockline appearance on cassette somewhere.

I experienced the same difficulty. It seems after the show ended in 2014 the official site eventually fell by the wayside. I will seek assistance from other collectors and post here if found.

• 1 year later...

Wow, I just stumbled upon this question. I used to have a copy of this interview. I was one of the last callers on Rockline that night. I was sooo nervous and tried to think what I could ask him. So I asked him what the song Pledge Pin was about. He answered that the song was about a female that was in a room and everyone just stops to look at her (something like that) and he said "do you know what I mean? Well, do you"? I went into a trance and I said, "Uhhhhhh yeah!" The host said it was a good question but when I played the CD my question was not included either because it was a 90 minute show and the CD ended before the show did or they just didn't air it live?!? I'd like to hear it again! I remember there was a bad storm that happened and they talked about it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 10:17 PM, Annette May said:

Wow, I just stumbled upon this question. I used to have a copy of this interview. I was one of the last callers on Rockline that night. I was sooo nervous and tried to think what I could ask him. So I asked him what the song Pledge Pin was about. He answered that the song was about a female that was in a room and everyone just stops to look at her (something like that) and he said "do you know what I mean? Well, do you"? I went into a trance and I said, "Uhhhhhh yeah!" The host said it was a good question but when I played the CD my question was not included either because it was a 90 minute show and the CD ended before the show did or they just didn't air it live?!? I'd like to hear it again! I remember there was a bad storm that happened and they talked about it. 

Interesting. Rockline aired "live" but as I recall there was an industry standard seven second delay. Regardless, if you made it past the call screener and Robert replied it would have aired. Bear in mind he did appear on the show in 1983 and 1985, so perhaps you called in during his 1985 appearance. 

Watch them go
'Cause one by one they rise to fall
Hearts in tow,
It's just a game - she's only having fun
She laughs and turns away surprised
She mocks it's all the same
Tonight's the loss tomorrow's gain
And in the end it's so

Stand in line
As one by one they march in time
In the wings
I stand and watch these foolish things go by
Just preparing for the play
Aloof she moves
The confidante, with practiced step
The merry dance she executes her role, role
As the cavalcade begins to thin,
Do you stop and look around
Free to choose but not to win -
You're just too late
Your show is at an end -
Now you're the victim of your game
Through your fingers watch them slip
Familiar rules just hit and miss
For the one who never shows
Songwriters: Robert Plant, Robert Blunt. 

Clearly the song is about an emotionally manipulative woman who loves to receive attention from a large variety of men and enjoys toying with their affections.
Since she's very attractive, there's always a steady stream of guys ready to compete for her ("Stand in line, 'cause one by one they march in time") and she always does her part to encourage them. (''She executes her role")

As she gets older she may notice that the quality and number of sexual/romantic partners is not what it once was. ("As the cavalcade begins to thin, do you stop and look around?")
While there's still a few guys she can take to bed, there aren't any to have a meaningful relationship with. ("Free to choose but not to win...")

In the end she's sad and alone. ("...now you're the victim of your game. Through your fingers watch them slip...")

On 9/22/2021 at 2:39 PM, SteveAJones said:

I edited the files Zeplz71 provided to me to create this YouTube upload. Enjoy!

Damn Steve. Thank you so much for this. Totally amazing. I could be miss remembering this, but I feel like I listened to this live, with my mother and and family driving. Maybe I didn’t. However, what an amazing contribution. Thank you for this and as usual your contribution. 

Have a great weekend Sir.