Saving Grace Bewdley 16.10.21

ledded1

Saving Grace were a very late addition to the Bewdley Festival and ended the proceedings on Saturday night.

I was there and took a few photos. Robert and the band seemed to be enjoying themselves in the  intimate atmosphere of a huge tent usually used for weddings.

Its been quite a week for me, seeing Jimmy Page on the Wednesday and then Robert on Saturday.

20211016_210310.jpg

20211016_224439.jpg

20211016_224517.jpg

20211016_224530.jpg

20211016_224606.jpg

20211016_224608.jpg

20211016_224656.jpg

On 10/17/2021 at 10:09 AM, ledded1 said:

Saving Grace were a very late addition to the Bewdley Festival and ended the proceedings on Saturday night.

I was there and took a few photos. Robert and the band seemed to be enjoying themselves in the  intimate atmosphere of a huge tent usually used for weddings.

Its been quite a week for me, seeing Jimmy Page on the Wednesday and then Robert on Saturday.

20211016_210310.jpg

20211016_224439.jpg

20211016_224517.jpg

20211016_224530.jpg

20211016_224606.jpg

20211016_224608.jpg

20211016_224656.jpg

The last pic on this post is dope AF. They say a great picture tells a story, and you nailed it here. This guy has lived quite a life, and it looks like he's both in the moment and reflecting on all that at the same time here. To me anyway lol

But was it any good?

A friend of mine went to the Buxton Opera House show and said it was " boring rubbish". To be fair I don't know what he was expecting but he didn't enjoy it. He asked me why I didn't go seeing as I liked Led Zeppelin. I replied "you are correct. I like Led Zeppelin";)

Well if he was expecting Zep then he would be disappointed. The only bit that has any Zep is during Satan your kingdom must come down where Robert adds parts of In my time of dying. 

I know its not going to be a Zeppelin night, its folk and americana but I like to see him on stage, enjoying what he's doing having fun and just being up there singing that's something I am happy with.

I know there are plenty of folk who only want him in Zep and hate anything else he does as with AK BOJ and now SG, there are those who didn't like Strange Sensation and SSS especially him doing Zeppelin numbers when refusing to reunite and calling him a hypocrite etc but hey that's down to them. Zep is not going to happen and I would be at the front of the queue if they had ever or ever did in the future. 

As I said I'm happy to see the guy doing what he enjoys and is good at cos one day he wont be.

7 hours ago, ledded1 said:

Well if he was expecting Zep then he would be disappointed. The only bit that has any Zep is during Satan your kingdom must come down where Robert adds parts of In my time of dying. 

I know its not going to be a Zeppelin night, its folk and americana but I like to see him on stage, enjoying what he's doing having fun and just being up there singing that's something I am happy with.

I know there are plenty of folk who only want him in Zep and hate anything else he does as with AK BOJ and now SG, there are those who didn't like Strange Sensation and SSS especially him doing Zeppelin numbers when refusing to reunite and calling him a hypocrite etc but hey that's down to them. Zep is not going to happen and I would be at the front of the queue if they had ever or ever did in the future. 

As I said I'm happy to see the guy doing what he enjoys and is good at cos one day he wont be.

I agree with you there. At 73 if he still enjoys doing what he does then fair play to him.

If people are happy to see Plant in whatever guises he chooses then that's great. I believe it was my friends partner who wanted to go and although he likes some of Plant's stuff, he just wasn't enamoured in what he was hearing. Maybe he was expecting a bare chested rock god belting out Whole Lotta Love !

I suppose it's like Deep Purple fans going to see Blackmore's Night and expecting to hear Space Truckin'?

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I agree with you there. At 73 if he still enjoys doing what he does then fair play to him.

If people are happy to see Plant in whatever guises he chooses then that's great. I believe it was my friends partner who wanted to go and although he likes some of Plant's stuff, he just wasn't enamoured in what he was hearing. Maybe he was expecting a bare chested rock god belting out Whole Lotta Love !

I suppose it's like Deep Purple fans going to see Blackmore's Night and expecting to hear Space Truckin'?

I daresay there were a few when BN first started performing. Its each to their own really. If I didn't like what he does I wouldnt go.